Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

worst holden sales in 70 years

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I haven't seen a ZB add on Tv yet so what gives?

I have seen a TV ad !! Twice.
Can’t remember what it about, normal car ad that doesn’t promote the car, as such ‘lifestyle’, with a bunch of confusing ‘life’ things happening, and doesn’t shout “Hey, look at the new, improved, all singing, all dancing, wonderful New Commodore !!!”
….. but it does end with a ZB Commodore pulling into a driveway.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Most Holden ads seem to fairly generic, and not model specific

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I can't recall the last Commodore ad that actually told you much about the car. Perhaps the intro of the VF when a Prussian Steel Calais featured and we were told about some of the new technology it contained?

IMO, Holden has been on the wrong track advertising for years but I guess when you are trying to sell mundane cars, what can you say about them?

Remember the ads for the Viva? What did it have that made it special?

21, no, make that 23 storage spaces. Really?Trax ads were clearly aimed at cute young things that wanted to be able to talk non stop via connectivity. Stuff concentrating on driving.

The fact that Holden advertising people approve this rubbish for public release gives a good indication of how they see their customers.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Still haven't seen a ZB on the road down here in the gong.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Same here, ain't seen ZB in the flesh yet. Not in a hurry to either actually, still enjoying driving my Aussie Holden.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Same here, ain't seen ZB in the flesh yet. Not in a hurry to either actually, still enjoying driving my Aussie Holden.
Saw one on the roads at North Lakes (north of Brisbane) last Saturday.....still only seen 2 stingers and they were released last December....lots of new SUVs of all makes though.

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
Well it the 20th of March and still no adds on any channel on the FTA networks. I have been alive a long time and ever since the HQ Holden came out we have been bombarded by adds but with the ZB it SILENCE.
There's a TV ad. It's terrible.
Basically some short scenes of a dude going through different stages of his life from childhood to about his 40's where the phrase 'for sure' keeps getting used. Nothing to do with cars ar all. Just every day life stuff. And for the last 5 seconds of the add he drives into his driveway in a new commodore and the words 'The new Commodore, for sure' comes up on the screen.
If ever there was a 'commodore ' that needed a strong exciting media campaign, surely it's the ZB. This attempt of an arty fancy style ad that could be for anything is a dumb idea. When the ad came on i was like ..wtf is this dribble....I had no idea it was a car ad until the words came up on the screen at the end

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
seen the ad during the footy - you'd think they'd fire the marketing team all the ads are the same garbage from the last few years.

saw a black car on the motorway yesterday - looked as ugly as the photos.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I thought i had seen one a couple of times but it turned out to be a Mazda 6.
I don’t see how you could confuse them, the 6 is a lot more styled & noticeably less bland.
And it comes in a colour other than red; the only colour you can get a ZB in is red, it’s all bland colourless lifeless bleh otherwise.

But in terms of profit ... surely Holden are at their best! No need for expensive plants, no need for innovation or design, no need to pay employees; just buy a car from OS, apply a percentage & sell. And the dealers foot the bill for the sales effort.
It’s like Uber!