Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

worst holden sales in 70 years

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
I emailed the Sales Manager at the Dealer where I bought my Redline and Motorsport last year and asked him to notify me when a VXR was on the floor and I would have a look as I am considering a new work vehicle. I have heard nothing and found out the VXR's are "in transit:" They don't have them to sell them.

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
My local dealer has a VXR out the front, had a look at it last Sunday. Very plain, when I first pulled up didn’t realise what it was until I got up next to it. Doesn’t really shout performance model imo.

AnotherSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline Sportwagon
I agree the heading is misleading. 70 years ago would be the at release of the 48-215 in 1948 and I think they sold 112 in the 2 months before 1949!

From what I can find it would take until 1954 for Holden to be selling on average 4500 cars per month (54,000 for the year) and in 1955 it jumped to on average 5350 per month (63,800 total). But back then Holden would have also counted for 90% or more of the market.

In a growing market, February is still a sh*t result but as I said, lets wait a few months for everything to settle.

In 1948 Holden sales would only refer to the "Holden" car as a model, GM-H built / assembled quite a few other car lines at that time too so the overall sales for GM in Australia at the time would probably have been a bit higher. (Vauxhaul/Chev/Pontiac/ and a few others would need to be included).

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
My local dealer has a VXR out the front, had a look at it last Sunday. Very plain, when I first pulled up didn’t realise what it was until I got up next to it. Doesn’t really shout performance model imo.
Now you know what US buyers always thought/felt about G8 & SS ... :)

raff

Reaction score
Members Ride
Brunette, 5-10', 10D's, great personality
I saw my first ZB in the road today. Sydney CBD.

Every commodore released in the last 15 years has always looked better in the flesh that the photos.

The ZB looks worse. The photos make it look reasonable. In the flesh, its horrible.

I don’t care how much tech it has inside. She looks nothing like a Commodore

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps

But Americans are notoriously two-dimensional and most of them probably never looked much deeper into the cars to see they were actually exciting machines. The ZB doesn't get any more exciting the more you look into it... that's the difference.

RWD4ever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 ute
GM NA didn't advertise the Chev SS. They imported a mere 3000 a year, assuming that the congiscenti would find them.