Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

worst sq car ever!!

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Patrio7 said:
easy, use a stock VN HU, two 4" paperscones one reverse polarised with a tape adaptor ( headphone) running off a walkman's FM with another cassete player ( preferably note taker) running a FM sender.

that'd so poorly enough :p
have you got a problem with my setup?!?!

LOL JK :p

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Patrio7 said:
easy, use a stock VN HU, two 4" paperscones one reverse polarised with a tape adaptor ( headphone) running off a walkman's FM with another cassete player ( preferably note taker) running a FM sender.

that'd so poorly enough :p

How about just the stock VN Commodore system.. no changes :p

Those front 4 inch speakers are shocking.. Its like little peices of carboard that somehow make a screeching noise...

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
I win my stock VS system running of an ipod thats on its last limb's through a tape deck converter thats about 5 years old originally purchased from the reject shop. Has really loud humming sounds and when the volume is put to about 5 it sounds like nails on a chork board.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
drop the bass off your ipod :p

the stock VS hu is ok if you tweak it but then you cant crank it.

new HU was my first updrade lol

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Lets start with.. How do they measure SQ.. Is it just a meter that detects the frequency of the sound? Diverse sound would be a better sound quality or .. what?

VS CALAIS

M6 VF SSV
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV 6spd Manual
Goon said:
Sony Xplod Gear 4 Sure!
Don't you mean " sony KABOOOOOOOOOM gear " LOL
why not buy some factory speakers from EH / HR series holdens they should pump !!!!!! :whistling

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
WTF... i sun xplode gear and i dont have a problem at all with them... Assumeing your tune everything right you make the worst sound good. Ive been in with cars that run poorly tuned boston rally's and ive been in cars with a whole swag of alpine gear... im sorry but ive been involved with audio tech for awhile and all though i know there is a quality in constrution etc... you tune something right and it will do the job... especially because its car audio. come on.... its always gonna come off second best to home theater... not even 2nd! i just thinmsome people have let their wallets rule their minds interms of "quality"..... "sony is the worst" ok.... and eurovox is better?

as for a poor SQ car....
1. VN 4" in front
2. Random 6x9's in back from garage sale
3. Random sub from $2 shop in unported box with major boot rattle
4. Run power and speaker and input lines donw one side of car
5. Unearthed HU
6. VN euro HU with tape adapter (loose wires)
7. Cranked bass + lowered highs on mp3 unit
8. Cranked bass + lowered highs on HU
9. Remove all, i mean ALL insulation in doors etc... just to letter the music flow!

Done!

aZk.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
garfa said:
personally i wouild rather just get an amp and run a pair of **** speakers free air in the doors with an amp driving the speakers to clipping.
worse than sony. sony aint that bad. not a huge difference between that and alpine. yes it is a big difference but normal gear is normal gear.
BULLSHIT!!! My VR is all Alpine gear and I can tell you its a 10000 times better then the sony rubbish my mate has.
AirStrike :air:

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Yeah sony gear is really quite ****. I have 2 mates with the Sony gear and its horrible..

Mind you Alpine amps are the biggest peice of ****... Especially the crap box I bought a year and a bit ago. Even my lightning audio amp outperforms it EASILY