Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Worth anything?

MG's VH Wag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Exec
Hi guys, my mate bought a damaged VR for parts for his car, anyway it has a set of custom made extractors and Y pipe but seeing as he is on red p's he can't put them on his car and gave them to me but i am on red p's too. Would these be worth anything? They look to be 2.5" and the Y looks like it goes into maybe 3".

Cheers!

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
If their in useable condition chuck them on eBay and youll get a couple of hundred for them.

First go to your local hardware and get a can of heatproof paint and re-spray them in black or silver to make them more attractive to the buyer.

If their covered in rust then get a wire brush to clean them off.

MG's VH Wag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Exec
Here is a pic, i just went over them quickly with the brush and sander i'll do it properly and paint them soon. I also measured them and the outlets on the extractors are 2" but the outlet for the Y pipe is 2.5" so how much would they be worth now lol?

Attachments

• 100_2320.jpg
    100_2320.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 162

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
hey mate i've seen extractors in a crappier condition than that go for $250 on ebay so if you hit them with the pressure packs then you should be able to get that easy.

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Ok thats good then. If anyone wants them make me an offer. I'll sand them back properly and paint them before i sell them!

No real point in sanding them back properly.

The paint is going to burn off quickly no matter what.
Just hit them with a wire brush before the heat-proof paint.