Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Worth fixing or should I just sell it?

Bundybastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
A few months ago I purchased a VU after the auto on my VR Berlina **** itself, also I thought it was just time for a upgrade. Well the rego has run out on it and its just basically sitting in the driveway taking up space. So im getting to the stage where I have to decide to weather spend some money on it or to take it to the nearest wrecker to see what I could get for it. I dont exactly have a lot to spend on it at the moment so Im leaning towards selling it, so I guess it brings me to the topic, is it worth fixing or should I sell it? its done 250,000 k's been lowered and has full electrics. Also if I were to sell it roughly how much do you think I could get? Im leaning more towards throwing it on ebay.....any feedback would be appreciated

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Expect $200 from a wrecker if it's able to be driven there....if it's gotta be towed then much less. On Ebay you probably will get stuffed around with wanna-be's who never pay. I lean towards the local classifieds - write it up good and you might get $500 although realistically with a stuffed transmission and no rego, the only person who will want it will be someone with a spare good transmission.
Sorry if it all sounds bad, but cars are a dime a dozen right now.