Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Worth going 2 S types sealed box to 2 R type ported box

Harris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Im looking for more cleaner bass don't really no how to explain but iv herd 1 12inch in a ported box and it sounded heaps better then my 2 so i no i goto go ported. The subs are in a sealed box that came as a kit with the subs. With the amp i did change to Soundstream but took allot of pressuring by the guy at Alberts and its a 1200watt amp dont really no anything else about it and the tuning should be good because it was done at a shop but i wouldn't have a clue where to start with looking at tuning a car stereo. With money r types is as much as i would go maby abit more but nothin like x types

Last edited:

AmmoJammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
More type-s is absolutely not the option, more entry level gear doesn't equal better gear. I'm guessing you want very loud sub bass - fair enough, whatever floats your boat. What sort of budget are you looking at?

I love entry level gear, I can't justify spending any more than that.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
oh gawd :banstick:

Why quote me for and hit me with the banstick? This isn't the first time you have done this either.

If he's going to build and tune two ported enclosure's for 12'' drivers, then there's fk all difference worth even worrying about if the was to just use the 18 in a sealed enclosure as far as taking up space is concerned.

I try to give him a cheaper and simpler option.

Someone who is truly concerned about retaining some boot space wouldn't be fitting two 12'' drivers in the first place. The driver i reccomended is a good option, is well within the OP's budget, will sound much better than his original plan, and could even save him money.

Last edited:

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
I love entry level gear, I can't justify spending any more than that.

I like some entry level gear too, money isn't the biggest factor when it comes to car audio, I agree. I've achieved first place in Novice SQ with a $139 front stage, there is your proof. The OP is looking to upgrade something, if you look at the questions I asked, I'm not suggesting he change subs, I suggest he look at all the other factors of his stereo beforebuying anything new.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
You didn't read any of the replies at all did you?

The audio sub forum has gone to **** with all you people posting questions and then ignoring the advice given by those with experience. We give you some options, and reasons why they might better, why not look further into them?

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
So back to the question R types or more S types??????? Do more subs sound better or do R types sound twice as good for nearly twice the price???

Mate you have not read a thing, no one here can help you if you don't read our advice.

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
You didn't read any of the replies at all did you?

The audio sub forum has gone to **** with all you people posting questions and then ignoring the advice given by those with experience. We give you some options, and reasons why they might better, why not look further into them?

So sick of people just sticking to the fully sick brands too :\

So back to the question R types or more S types??????? Do more subs sound better or do R types sound twice as good for nearly twice the price???

More subs will sound louder, not better. Just buy the bloody type r or listen to us, but we all know that won't happen. Just stick with your fully sick Alpine stuff and get the type r.

Harris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
I read the reply's and only sweefu, AmmoJammo and just now magoo put input that was useful for this post. I didn't ask what sub sounds better then type R or S or any alpine. Use guys r the ones that didn't read the first post u just chucked your input in which was fine until everyone puts there opinions in and has nothing to do with the O.P. No offence