Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS2] Worth swapping out/cost older Maggie 2300 with heartbeat blower?

The One Demon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport
Hey guys, just wondering if it would be worth swapping out an older Magnuson 2300 with a newer Heartbeat 2300 supercharger... Also just wondering if anyone knows if it would simply be swap the S/C out and go, or if some parts would need to be changed out too. Or if it would be worth changing out some stuff to more suit the heartbeat? I heard the heartbeat can have up to about 20 degree less intake temps too!

I've also heard good things about the HTV 2300, would this also be worth looking at upgrading to?

Cheers.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Have the harrop 2300 on my monaro but at this stage still plenty more mods to go to maximize it.
What other mods / have you to maximized it's affect.
The differences in newer verses older would be efficiency.
What's the car being used for ?
Surely only cost effective if chasing every last hp and in a race / track scenario.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Yeah heard a few people say heartbeat is more efficient & the way to go BUT if you already have 2300 sized blower can't any major benefits changing it unless you've completely maxed it out with cam/heads maybe stroker etc then start finding it inefficient.

There is probably a few things left to do to get more out of your set up like e85 or adding snow performance injection kit.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
The Heartbeat has much better air flow management than an older Eaton, or later Harrops.
But it would be a huge cost to upgrade... If you can afford it?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Depends, what do you think you it is lacking now? Have you done anything already or is it bog stock? You could probably get a lot better use out of what you have now with the right tune and basic boltons (pulley, exhaust, intake etc...) and an intercooler (if intercoolers for these chargers are a thing), tune and boltons regardless.

Would be pointless to swap it over and not take full advantage of it by not tuning it either.

Last edited:

The One Demon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport
Yeah thanks guys, I figured I'd ask somewhere for this exact reason ahah. You've 'shown me the light' lol. Don't see a reason to upgrade now ahaha. I very much doubt I'm maxxing it out as is.