Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Worth to change from manual air control to Climate controll

Damo83

VE MY09 SV6
Reaction score
Website
meettomy.site
Members Ride
VF SV6 Black Edition Sportswagon My17
Hi, just need a little help, I have Vs esteem 97, and a write off vr berlina. Im wondering is it worth it to change from manual air control switches to the climate control? I took out the dash out in vr berlina and looked the wires. There is heaps of bloody wires every where. Any idea if u could help me out will be great. Like how to get the heater box out and blah blah
Hope any one help me soon :thumbsup:

Damo

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
From what I've read on this forum, the change you propose would need a lot of work, time and frustration. But, if you want a challenge then go for it. Try a search in the "how to" section. Good Luck.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Yeah, fair bit of work involved in that.
Most of that part of the dash has to be changed i think, plus your loom would be different??

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
A stack of work is involved in changing it over, but if you have all the parts it would be possible, a mate of mine put it in his series 1 VN calais.

You will need all the sensors, including interior temp sensor, sunlight sensor, evapourator sensor, outside air temp sensor, the climate control heater box, solenoid packs, and all the associated vaccum operated parts and connections for sending air to the windscreen, feet etc. I would imagine you would have to use the different loom too.

Damo83

VE MY09 SV6
Reaction score
Website
meettomy.site
Members Ride
VF SV6 Black Edition Sportswagon My17
Guys, yeh that what i just thought. Too much to work on it. I'll have to stick with the manual control Grrr! :p It seems to be a waste throwing the whole climate control heater box etc

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
Guys, yeh that what i just thought. Too much to work on it. I'll have to stick with the manual control Grrr! :p It seems to be a waste throwing the whole climate control heater box etc

If you don't end up doing the conversion, you could always sell the parts on ebay, especially the climate control unit itself, they are always in demand... A new one from GMH is upwards of $400...

VS CALAIS

M6 VF SSV
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV 6spd Manual
Yeah to much work, i looked into it years ago when i had the executive Vs and was told that loom and BCM need to be replaced , amongst other things to .

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
its alot of work im pretty sure. you need a new BCM(i think) wiring, sensors and more..
but if u have the time/money and pacience then i guess you could do it

Nick