Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Worth upgrading Headers & cats on VE SSV?

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Yeah mate that's what I was leaning at too, any headers & cats you can recommend without going out of control on the $$$. I was thinking pacemaker?

They don't really get mentioned much, but VCM make a very nice exhaust system, and they've recently updated their extractors to a 1 7/8inch long tri y, and you can pick between 100 or 200 cell cats (I believe they're balistic cats)
I will be fitting them to my SSV at some stage.

daniel_89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
They don't really get mentioned much, but VCM make a very nice exhaust system, and they've recently updated their extractors to a 1 7/8inch long tri y, and you can pick between 100 or 200 cell cats (I believe they're balistic cats)
I will be fitting them to my SSV at some stage.

Do you know how much they are mate? Also what do balistic cats refer too? Are they just a hi-flow cats or something different?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Ok - when it comes to daily drivers and street cars in general, less is more when it comes to extractors and exhausts in general..... ahhh ####it - just get the biggest loudest badass thing you can get coz it flows well and you get a cool sticker :bang:

Reaper

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Put a 15" Cannon on it that falls off every time u hit a bump on the road, they sound like ferrari engines;)

laggbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series II SS Ute
Ive got the R8 headers, hi-flow 200cpi cats, otr, tune and make 250rwkw, the headers are the same as the pacemaker tri-y's, havent done catback yet but will be soon, I have J pipes at the rear no resinators, stock system in the middle,sounds good, most gains come from the otr and tune,

Are all the HSV headers the same? R8 non R8? And are the HSV cats different to the SS/V cats? Ive done cat back and am looking to do VCM OTR and tune. If i can chuck a set of HSV headers on it instead of forking out for a new set id be happy!

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Are all the HSV headers the same? R8 non R8? And are the HSV cats different to the SS/V cats? Ive done cat back and am looking to do VCM OTR and tune. If i can chuck a set of HSV headers on it instead of forking out for a new set id be happy!

IIRC the extractors/cats are all the same on VE HSV's. Mid pipe is different on the GTS. The rear cans are different on the bi-modal cars (std on the grange/GTS). The mid pipe on the Clubsport/Senator is the same as the SSV which is terrible as there is a real squashed crap pipe between the 2 mufflers that kills flow.

Reaper

laggbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series II SS Ute
IIRC the extractors/cats are all the same on VE HSV's. Mid pipe is different on the GTS. The rear cans are different on the bi-modal cars (std on the grange/GTS). The mid pipe on the Clubsport/Senator is the same as the SSV which is terrible as there is a real squashed crap pipe between the 2 mufflers that kills flow.

Reaper

Are the HSV cats higher flow than the standard ss/v cats? What i would like to know, is it worth me putting the HSV extractors and cats on my ss?
cheers

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Same hi flow units on both, different inlet pipes though.
DEFINITELY DO THIS mod using HSV headers >16% more power, 620nm, looks stock and sounds like it should.