Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

would a vn 5 speed manual fit in a vs commodore

C

caffa

ya vn 5 speen question

hey mate ya vn 5 speen would fit in ya vs but its not a stright in job its a bit of a ****ing around ya best chance is getting a VR 1 or a VS or u could maby get a spacer plare made up but its a lot of ****ing around

W

whisky

The VS is an Ecotec, different from the VN-VR buick motor, so how does the T5 box fit a different motor?

Because the VS Series one manuals came with the T5. The block pattern is exactly the same, hence why you can put T700's or 4l60e's onto them from the VN - VR range. The flywheel bolts are the same. Heck, you can even interchange some of the internal components of the motor around with each other.

W

whisky

hey mate ya vn 5 speen would fit in ya vs but its not a stright in job its a bit of a ****ing around ya best chance is getting a VR 1 or a VS or u could maby get a spacer plare made up but its a lot of ****ing around

It isn't a lot of f'n around, the flywheel aslong as it's a 8bolt will bolt straight up, as will the bellhousing and everything.

I don't know what you're on about with spacer plates?

The only f'n around is doing the whole thing, which is the same procedure converting any VN - VS manual.

vs10000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs berlina
why do you need to use a different ecu?i changed a vl to manual using same ecu.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
The T5 BOLTS STRAIGHT UP TO THE ECOTEC MOTOR!!!

Just like my VN's T700 Non electronic box BOLTS straight up to my new ECOTEC!

Cheers
MaT

S

Sleak_VS

I converted my series 1 VS from auto to manual, and it was not hard at all. I even have the photos I took during the process, and I did it with a mate over a weekend. Best thing I ever did, it is so much more torquey. Any question, ask away!

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
why do you need to use a different ecu?i changed a vl to manual using same ecu.
Because the gearboxes from a VR onward are partially electronic, so the ECU plays a role in your shifts, etc. VL autos are fully mechanical so they dont need a different computer

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
The T5 BOLTS STRAIGHT UP TO THE ECOTEC MOTOR!!!

Just like my VN's T700 Non electronic box BOLTS straight up to my new ECOTEC!

Cheers
MaT

Thanks for clearin that up, I didnt know any Ecotec had a T5 behind it. What bolt pattern would my series 1.5 VN manual have, 6 bolt or 8??

Whats the progress on the transplant Hozy??

W

whisky

Thanks for clearin that up, I didnt know any Ecotec had a T5 behind it. What bolt pattern would my series 1.5 VN manual have, 6 bolt or 8??

Whats the progress on the transplant Hozy??

If it has the thermostat at the back of the inlet manifold, it will have a 6bolt if it was originaly a manual. The auto's got the 8 bolts. You can buy adapters to fit 6 bolt flywheels to 8 bolts and vice a versa.