Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Would Holden be selling these ? HSV bimodal intake chat

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
Anyone knows if Holden sells this part (circled). Might throw on the rest of R8 intake but need this parts to fit it....
It's on LS3 powered VF HSVs.
If anyone knows or can get me a part number please let me know...

Cheers

.. there are TWO different R8 intake setups on LS3 engines that HSV used.
the 325kw engine setup is different to the 340 SV engine :eek:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
.. there are TWO different R8 intake setups on LS3 engines that HSV used.
the 325kw engine setup is different to the 340 SV engine :eek:
Yes. Is it only 340 version that was bimodal ?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS

Was around $30 a few years ago from Suttons Parts Lidcombe

I just ordered one from them .. $28

I'll get rid of factory intake elbow and as the Americans would say 'kazoo tube' :)

I think the engine bay looks neater without mse

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
I just ordered one from them .. $28

I'll get rid of factory intake elbow and as the Americans would say 'kazoo tube' :)

I think the engine bay looks neater without mse
Hey guys I am confused ( not hard) are you talking about the bimodal air intake and the controller for this if so I am keen on this setup but not sure on how it operates I believe it is vacuum operated and is this the take of point that is in the photo .I was on planet parts looking at the bimodal air box but they seem to be out of stock . I someone can give me information on how it all works and where to get parts . I was thinking it may be possible to hook it up so when the exhaust bimodal opened so would the intake? But if vacuum I not sure Sorry if these are dumb questions just trying to get it sorted

ssvr_driver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Hey guys I am confused ( not hard) are you talking about the bimodal air intake and the controller for this if so I am keen on this setup but not sure on how it operates I believe it is vacuum operated and is this the take of point that is in the photo .I was on planet parts looking at the bimodal air box but they seem to be out of stock . I someone can give me information on how it all works and where to get parts . I was thinking it may be possible to hook it up so when the exhaust bimodal opened so would the intake? But if vacuum I not sure Sorry if these are dumb questions just trying to get it sorted

No mate. just talking about the inter pope that connects between the TB and MAF. I need different PVC hose to put R8 intake tube.
As far as I know nobody had 'bimodal' intake work on SS

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS

ssvr_driver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline

You can remove the butterfly valve so the intake is open all the time

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
No mate. just talking about the inter pope that connects between the TB and MAF. I need different PVC hose to put R8 intake tube.
As far as I know nobody had 'bimodal' intake work on SS

Probably not much point either, I think the bimodal was supposedly to increase top end power without decreasing low down torque, within the limits of type approval testing and emissions. You can see the intake status on the EDI in my car, but I've yet to hear/feel a difference...

I'd imagine an OTR/larger intake + tune would do much more.