Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Would it be cheaper to get a 304 by itself

Commodores86

Reaction score
Members Ride
had a vk commodore
Hey all, would it be cheaper just to buy a 304 holden v8 then to get a commodore that has one?

I want a 304 v8 car badly, just want one so i can do it up myself and take as long as i want on it and in the long run i reckon it would be worth it.

Please let me know what ya think?

If i get a 304 commodore can be either a vn or vp, would there be any cheap ones for 4 grand or even 3500?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Question is can you find one for over 4000 :). That's way more than the going price. 3 grand will buy a good one anyday

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I bought my manual 304, Berlina LX Wagon for 4500. Was a much easier option than putting a 5L and 5 speed into my old wagon (plus all electrics)

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
If you go over to Melbourne you should be able to get any number of VQ's execs berlina all for 3 grand. You will have to pay slightly more for a Calais. But you could possibly get a manual exec for 3 grand on a lucky day

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I probably should have mentioned i had to go to vic to get my car. There just wasn't any around in SA at the time.

silver88vl

No milk and juice here
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Berlina 5L
cheaper to buy the whole car i got myn from vic for $5500 with nearly $10000 in receipts work on it... plenty of cheap ones but i spent a bit more for a mint condition rebuild 304 berlina