Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

would price of holden cars go up or down after holden closes shop ?

splcrazy

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV GEN-F VF CLUBSPORT SV 340
im thinking of trading in my 2006 ve ss for a VF GEN F GTS . is it really worth it though spending all that money for something that could be a waste of money later on or expensive if price on parts go up when Holden shuts down ? also should i buy after new years or before ? would these holden cars get more expensive or cheaper after they shut down ?

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Depends on the market as its fragile right now

Too uncertain to tell but based on current trends, they would depreciate as per normal.

Die hard fans may pay more but then again don't wait for the outcome.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
im thinking of trading in my 2006 ve ss for a VF GEN F GTS . is it really worth it though spending all that money for something that could be a waste of money later on or expensive if price on parts go up when Holden shuts down ? also should i buy after new years or before ? would these holden cars get more expensive or cheaper after they shut down ?

Rarer models will go up like the LSA GTS.

as for spare parts, all maintenance/mechanical parts are made by other companies anyway, outside of the trim pieces nothing should change, unless we are talking 30-40 years from now when they are all written off.

Cause there is so many VE/VFs on the road, aftermarket parts will be available forever.

I mean you can still buy new HQ mechanical parts (i've never looked into cars older then that)

Last edited:

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

there is only one thing you can say for certain: you will never increase, or break even on the value of a car. it will only ever depreciate.

it will depreciate at the normal rate unless the dept of transport allow full volume importation of used vehicles, in which case its estimated that a 15-30% drop across the board on all used cars in australia.

the value will not ever increase on a used vehicle, unless you are talking about a rare or desirable car, which the VF is not. single or limited run cars, display cars, etc will retain value. any vehicle thats purchased and driven, automatically starts to depreciate. and although a VF GTS is highly regarded amongst the die-hard holden fans, sadly, holden fans are usually very cash poor. anyone who has money to invest in a desirable car, will put the money into something that isnt mass produced plastic.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
if you want the GTS, buy the GTS.

never buy a car hoping itll rise in value in the future.
as ari has said they all drop. with very few gaining value or staying level.

you have to remember, the GTS isn't a "rare car".
they are selling like there is no tomorrow.
*this info from Reaper

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
if you want the GTS, buy the GTS.

never buy a car hoping itll rise in value in the future.
as ari has said they all drop. with very few gaining value or staying level.

you have to remember, the GTS isn't a "rare car".
they are selling like there is no tomorrow.
*this info from Reaper

Yea i was more referring to them as rarer once every twat who cant drive writes it off showing their mates how well the supercharger does skids.

Won't be alot left in the end i bet.