Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Would this make a difference?

centy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp series 2
Well you aid you can get centre and rear section.
If they are free then go for it. it will only cost you a few $ for the gaskets and some time.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
im only getting the centre section for free, id be keeping the stock rear section in there...

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
the best sounding v6 exhuast ive heard was packemakers into a highflow cat then to a redback sports exhuast with one sport muffler, it was an ecotec btw and man it sounded hot

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
My neighbour said to me the other day he has a 2.5 inch centre exhaust section, which would suit my car, he doesnt want anything for it.. Would it make any difference to my car? And would there be any issues fitting it with the rest being 2.25? Thanks:thumbsup:

Don't do it. There's no point putting half a decent exhaust in there. Either change the whole thing, or none at all.

The smallest part of your exhaust will still be 2.25", and the only gains you will see would be from an absent muffler (if the mid section is a straight pipe).

It will only cost you $50 to get a full catback from a wreckers, so do that instead :)

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
Yeah i wouldn't bother with it to be honest. But if u di get new gaskets dont put it back together with old ones cos u will feel sick sitting in traffic with the windows down.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Thanks guys, yeah i wont bother with it then, also got a free brand new Eagle Stainless oval tip, which is 2.25 inlet, so im gonna chuck that on, just for a neater appearance..

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
That's always something that will make a difference boosting the appearance a bit.
imagine explainng to your mates at the pub on Friday nite how 1/3rd of your system is 2.1/2" instead of 2.1/4" lol