Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Would this make a difference?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
My neighbour said to me the other day he has a 2.5 inch centre exhaust section, which would suit my car, he doesnt want anything for it.. Would it make any difference to my car? And would there be any issues fitting it with the rest being 2.25? Thanks:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
no extra performance added so if it's noise u want chop out a muffler otherwise take it and sell it or find someone who want's it

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
where does the niose come from, the rear section, one's im looking at are 2.5 inch centre and rear section, so i thought maybe just adding the centre section might beef up the sound a tad.

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
i suppose if it's free see wat it does and it's not illegal if it's louder cos u still got the mufflers ec.

but may have to flare where it meets the 2 ends of the 2.1/4: sections if that makes sense

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Yeah, but less mufflers on a V6 can make it sound bloody awful. Best combo i found on my old car, was a set of Pacemaker extractors, a 2.5" cat back with the centre muffler, ditch the resi and that's it. Opening a V6 exhaust right up will make it sound like you have 12 cats (FELINE not Catalytic lol) stuck inside your exhaust and it will drone and sound like a fart in a tin can.

You know that god awful sound that comes from a 4 cylinder with a huge exhaust and 5" cannon tip? It will sound like that, but slightly deeper and louder.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
So no point then in upgrading the centre section (including muffler) to a 2.5 inch..?

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Like said above, best sounding V6 exhaust would be Pacemakers and 2.5 catback with single muffler and no resi, i have this and with standard headers it still sounded ok but the pacemakers made it have more of a growl to it now and isnt loud when you just cruise around but when you foor it and in high rev range sounds pretty tuff for a 6, but mine actually goes somewhere :p

centy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp series 2
mate it's free so give it a go.
try changing both sections first and see if you like it.

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
Pacies out into a standard system with no rear muffler is fine.
I would be suprized if u noticed the difference in changing to a 2.1/2" system cat back.
that's like adding a pod filter (no offense meant)but your mind tells u your going faster