Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Would you do this?

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
Hey guys I brought a 2002 VX calais l67 about 6months ago, but starting too dislike it. The leather is a pain to maintain so it doesnt split/crack, the older im getting I dont care about the power behind me. It uses quite a bit of fuel and can only run premium which is only rising week by week,insurance is ridiculous (under 25) which comes to the conclusion too sell it and possibly buy a VY-VZ executive im still thinking about it and confused on what to do as I know ill probably only really save 1-3 litres per 100km and downgrading somewhat (options) but gaining a newer car with less kms travelled. What would you do? Thanks

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
At the end of the day, an exec is going to have problems of it's own down the track. So I mean it's up to you, but I would stick with the Calais

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
Yeah look every car is going to have problems im aware of that, but this calais is just starting too annoy me too some agree (leather, trim, insurance, fuel) its currently sitting at 12.7/100 which isnt too bad but but better would be good (I travel 120k's a day to get work and home)

WHYtheFACE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
Yeah look every car is going to have problems im aware of that, but this calais is just starting too annoy me too some agree (leather, trim, insurance, fuel) its currently sitting at 12.7/100 which isnt too bad but but better would be good (I travel 120k's a day to get work and home)

Wow, thats better than what i get in my N/A VT, unless your quoting highway km/s

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It's a Commodore, people buy them with their heart, not their head. If you want economy, buy a Jap or Euro 4 cylinder.

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
Sitting at 12.7 is 50/50 highway/stop start with a average speed of 49. Heckk Ive owned commodores all my life abbafan, from vh,vn,vl,vt,vx. Its not im wanting fuel economy but if an ecotec/alloytech could show an improvement over a l67 ild probably go back to the ecotec as my life of enjoying tinkering with cars is slowly drifting away from me as im now into MX riding/bikes and its simply a case of why own a l67 if im not going to have fun with it anymore.

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
yep id personally prefer a vy vz over a vx even if the vx is an l67

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
I dont know why you would do this but i do know what i would do

MORE BOOST... chicks dig it

Huntington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
id be happy with another L67 so the wife would stop driving mine. I'll take it off your hands cheap