Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wow, didn't even know this type of thing happened.

Mavr1k

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6 Speed Manual
What a pain in the arse! I would struggle with the motivation to do that for my own car, let alone stealing someone elses....I came out to my old car once (an old Mazda 626) only to find that someone had siphoned the petty & stolen my battery. Only problem was they had cut all the wires running to it to take it out.....Funny thing is they didn't bother opening the actual car and taking the deck. Bloody muppets!! It sh!ts me that people do this kind of crap to people. Like everyone doesn't have enough things to deal with without crap like this. Good luck with the install mate

Azp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN/VR
They would've been covered in petrol. There's no tidy way to remove those things without getting fuel EVERYWHERE, unless they waited 30min for the stuff to slowly drain into buckets. Hopefully they at least poured it back into their own car, instead of just wasting it.

Lol I don't think they caught any of the petrol, there was a good half tank all over the road. I doubt the road will be the same until they reseal it, there's a huge petrol stain the width of the road. I would loved to have come home late and found them doing it.

VPplayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Hate reading storys like this.
I just got a new VN calais and i have no choice but to park it at the front of my house, mind you i live in a pretty bad neighbour hood and have been broken into twice.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
I know you would of lost your car, but they would have definetly learnt a lesson if they'd crossed the wires when cutting them whilst sitting in a puddle of fuel!!!!

Azp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN/VR
Lol. I better be careful putting the wiring loom back together.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
If you haven't fixed it yet, the clip will probably be from the rubber hose INSIDE the fuel tank, which is clipped to the pump. You will need to fish around for the hose and pull it out as far as possible, (don't try to pull it right out), clip the pump back onto it, then carefully insert the lot back into the tank. Take care not to bend or damage the float arm.

I did this job with the tank out and it was a mongrel. Leaving the tank in the car just makes it worse as the rear axle tends to restrict your working space.

Portunio

The Gaffa Tape Wizard
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S2 V6
Mate, thats some bad luck. I replaced one of those at home on my back under the car and it was a massive pain in the butt. I can't believe anyone would go to that effort over a part that costs $80 new. All that crawling in and out, working in the dark, getting covered in petty.. all I can say is LOL!

All jokes aside, it goes to show how low some people really are. I hope they didn't do any major damage.

VNracer34G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Production Saloon, 07Omega ex Cop car, 03 TF V6
Man that sucks B**t***s!!!! I've got a couple of plugs spare here from building my Production Saloon and a spares car. You can have them for postage cost ( i'm over the ditch mate, shouldn't be over a fiver maybe less). There's two plugs to the tank, do you need both?
PM me if you want and i'll work out exactly how much with your addy.

These guys need to be Rogered raw with a hedgehog on a stick ! ! !

VNracer34G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Production Saloon, 07Omega ex Cop car, 03 TF V6
I lol'd...

B**t***s!!!!
... buttocks? bulltits? so many confusing words it could be...
+1 for mystery in a post

Word commonly yelled at referees bearing questionable fatherhood:yeah: