Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WOW Supagas LPG

VT97CALAIS

VT-Best Holden shape!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 S1 VT Calais /A4
I mainly fill up at Safeway LPG for my VT Calais.
The average calculation for consumption is 17l/100km's
Lowest I have seen it down to on LPG highway driving is 13.9l/100k's however on Petrol 8.7l/100k's
Average cost of around $28 per fill up and avg of 9cents per KM to drive.

There you go , lots of figures for you to ponder over!

Cheers

greenvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice SII
ive never seen supergas in adelaide, i run shell gas 95% of the time, but i got BP last week and ive already got about 20-30kms more from my first increment on my gauge, BP is generally a few cents more expensive (even with their 2c loyalty card) but whens its cheap i buy that, feels a bit better too

theres one in elizabeth west on near the raaf base and theres one also in mile end somewhere i think

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
lol my tank is around 55 usable litres, and it's a v8... worst idea ever. 300kms MAX out of a tank.

We bloody told you not to get an LPG coversion on your 5 litre Christian, but did you listen? NOPE. :D

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
lol my tank is around 55 usable litres, and it's a v8... worst idea ever. 300kms MAX out of a tank.

Look on the brightside, when you rip it out it will power your bbq for years!!

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
No, cmon Cris, admit it, it was the entire conversion, not just the tank :p

paulforaname

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS
hi, i had my VS SS 5L converted to LPG with a IMPCO kit , the guy told me MOBIL was the best autogas and ULP, the only problem with supagas 100% propane is on hot days, if you fill up with normal autogas the propane and autogas liquify at a different pressure/temp ( not quite sure on the actual issue) but it can cause your car not to start for upto 40 mins. So in warm weather if using SUPAGAS propane stick with it as mixing the 2 can cause issues.

also if you want better performance take the car back when next due for gas service and ask them to tune it better, they undertune the gas to look after the arses so you less likely to damage the engine.

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
No, cmon Cris, admit it, it was the entire conversion, not just the tank :p

lol, i will also admit that getting a gas ring was a bad idea. do not get a gas ring. wouldn't mind a gas research carby though :p

mrhotdog

What Would Jesus Do?.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 Acclaim
yeah donut tanks are a waste, defeats the purpose of getting gas i reckon, they also costed about $500 more when i got my long tank put in

blownba

Reaction score
also if you want better performance take the car back when next due for gas service and ask them to tune it better, they undertune the gas to look after the arses so you less likely to damage the engine.

??????

Thats a incomprehensible statement, and I am wondering where you have come across such dribble you pass as information.
Under tuning to save my ass??
Only thing that is going to damage the engine (in many tens or hundreds of thousands of Km's, if ever) is running EXCESSIVELY rich or excessive detonation.
With LPG running too rich will run the engine valves far too hot and shorten life, you can run LPG lean and not hurt engines, but it will be noticeable as loss of power, as will very rich running.
I personally (and EVERY fitter I know) tune LPG systems to their absolute peak for the application, ie. dual fuel or straight gas etc..
We aim for the gas processor (which ALL V6 commodores have to run by law) to control the mixtures so we achieve emission compliance and maximum power and economy.
Never have I heard of anybody tuning to save their arses?
And being a commodore there is nothing we can do to the state of timing, which could foresee ably cause detonation damaging an engine, but as every one knows Timing is non adjustable (easily anyway) on nearly all cars nowadays.

What he needs to do to obtain MAXIMUM power is to get a dyno tune or find someone with a good live air fuel ratio meter that can set the wide open throttle mixtures perfectly then he will gain the maximum power his particular system will allow.
The biggest issue with old school mixer ring gas systems is that you will always loose power and performance.
You go from a 80+mm throttle body giving great air flow and then place a 5hitty BBQ ring mixer in front of it that is 35mm opening and its elementary that you will loose a HEAP of performance.
You might as well just stick a few tennis balls up the exhaust.

Get a real gas system that does not run such a restrictive mixer or go injection if you want power, but if you just want cheap conversions prepare to loose performance.