Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WOW Supagas LPG

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Safeway is crap, I avoid it as much as I can.

I am a loyal BP/Mobil customer! loving the 39 - 40 cents a litre at the moment!!!

blownba

Reaction score
The best thing I can think of is a variable venturi mixer, but they are VERY hard to get now.
Unfortunatly you can't run a GRA mixer or even a Impco, that have much better airflow, with your converter. You are stuck with running a BBQ mixer and thats it.
Like I said a variable venturi mixer will open up the centre bore at high air speed so there is FAR less restriction on air flow at high revs. But it will close up again at low revs/ idle and allow the coverter to get a good vacuum signal it needs to idle properly and run well at lower revs.
If you just run a huge diameter mixer you'll find the engine will not idle well and it will flatspot etc.. if you tune it for max revs. The biggest size mixer they run on a V6 is about 36mm from memory!! And going from a 80+mm T/B to that its clear your loosing air flow.
The variable mixer will give you the best of both worlds, a small diameter for excellent idle and low rev drive ability and then open right up and provide next to no restriction on air flow at high RPM.
good stuff if you can get it.

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
haha oh well. the system idles really well (much better than petrol), and if you drive normally it's fine (can't even notice a power difference there), but yeah it's not good when you put your foot down so i just switch to petrol when i need to. that's what i get for buying cheap :p, but yeah it's not that bad.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
ive never seen supergas in adelaide, i run shell gas 95% of the time, but i got BP last week and ive already got about 20-30kms more from my first increment on my gauge, BP is generally a few cents more expensive (even with their 2c loyalty card) but whens its cheap i buy that, feels a bit better too

Theres about 100 mobile vehicles that drive around, always dark green. Know of holden and falcon utes, and saw a hiace or the like van the other day.

saber

Reaction score
Members Ride
None - At the moment :)
Seems like I was slightly off in my explanation of why LPG uses more fuel per km than petrol. graemevb offers the following explanation.

"The energy content of the alkanes per kg is remarkably similar, basically because whether its methane or octane the number of carbon hydrogen bonds is the same per kg. ie, One kg of hexane has roughly half the number of molecules as propane, but both basically have the same number of carbon hydrogen bonds per kg. or thereabouts as Im sure you are aware the H/C ratio increases as the molecule decreases in size.
Per kg propane and butane actually have more energy than petrol, but we dont buy fuel by the kg, we buy it by the litre. The differences we see with petrol, butane and propane mileage is entirely due to the density that the fuel packs at. The density of propane(when compressed as a liquid) is close to half that of water(, whereas petrol is around 70%. Thats the reason we use more LITRES of lpg to go the same distance as petrol."

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Seems like I was slightly off in my explanation of why LPG uses more fuel per km than petrol. graemevb offers the following explanation.

People stopped taking commsirac seriously along time ago.

blueV8vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL V8 & supercharged VX
yeah also have a straight gas system not dual fuel u will not look back.
its one or the other its very hard to tune both right so its easier to tune one.