Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WOW Supagas LPG

greenvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice SII
Just filled my car up with LPG from supagas and the difference is unbelievable. The car runs so much smoother compared to gas from service stations. Has anyone else had the same experience with LPG from supagas. Oh and plus its always cheaper than the servos
:yeah:

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
what the hell is supagas

saber

Reaction score
Members Ride
None - At the moment :)
supplier of lpg, cylinder management etc etc...

is that the 100% propane stuff you used? does your car go harder with it? i've heard it's meant to be be good, but i've never actually used it...

Yep, I too have heard that Supagas is 100% propane. From what I've read on LPG, LPG has 2 main ingredients in varying quantities: Propane and Butane. As propane/butane is odorless, another gas is added in small quantities, giving it that "gassy" smell. (From what I've read, the smelly gas is added to allow for leak detection of LPG).

The thing is, while Supagas (which I think is 100% Propane) will give you more power (burns quicker than Butane), you'll do less mileage from a tank; this is due to Propane releasing less energy per molecule then Butane when broken down (If you ever did first year chem at uni, you'll know that propane contains 3 carbons linked together with Hydrogen hanging off these carbon molecules, while Butane has 4 carbons linked together, again with Hydrogen molecules hanging off it. When these links are broken, energy is released. As Butane has more links, it releases more energy per molecule).

So in summary, if you want power, fill up with a high propane LPG mix, eg supagas. If you want more mileage, fill up with a high Butane mix. I think most BP outlets sell a 50:50 propane/butane mix. I've found when filling up my car at the various retailers that I get the best economy from BP and Mobil LPG. The worst economy was from Safeway LPG. The thing is, I the car I used to drive (VY on SVI) didn't feel any more powerful using Safeway LPG when compared to Safeway LPG.

mrhotdog

What Would Jesus Do?.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 Acclaim
ive never seen supergas in adelaide, i run shell gas 95% of the time, but i got BP last week and ive already got about 20-30kms more from my first increment on my gauge, BP is generally a few cents more expensive (even with their 2c loyalty card) but whens its cheap i buy that, feels a bit better too

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
I've found when filling up my car at the various retailers that I get the best economy from BP and Mobil LPG. The worst economy was from Safeway LPG. The thing is, I the car I used to drive (VY on SVI) didn't feel any more powerful using Safeway LPG when compared to Safeway LPG.

yeah i fill up at safeway normally, filled up at mobil once and got 50kms more out of a tank. that's a lot when when you're only talking about 250kms :p

mrhotdog

What Would Jesus Do?.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 Acclaim
how big is ur tank? mines 72 usable but i only ever get between 60-68 in

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
Best i got out of a tank on mine is 411km n it conked out went to gas it infront of traffic n it just died lol so had to put it on petrol lol normally get around 340ish without letting it die

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
I always fill up at BP... I've found best economy and general feel of the car with BP gas. My dad (a gas installer) highly recommends Mobil also, reckons it's the best... so if I have to I'll sometimes fill up at Mobil. For some reason I prefer BP though. And he says to stay away from Safeway and Coles service stations... gas is awful and leads to problems.

On BP gas I can easily get 600km+ on a tank doing highway driving. I regularly drive from Melbourne to Albury to see family and one tank gets me there, some driving around seeing people throughout the weekend and at least half way back home. VZ Calais on SVI.