Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wraith & Dems MX6 Mk2

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
I do hate white but the two tone is growing on me. Had a chat to my cousin and he's keen to start teaching me how to do body work. Pretty keen

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Well as I said everything is stock. Absolutely zero modifications. Head was done a couple years ago so new head gasket there (mind you was a bodgy job but Mazda fixed it) Hasn't been degreased in it's life. Starter motor done last year. Boge shocks done in 2009 I believe. Alternator was done in 2007. Timing belt was done 40k kms ago. 2009 dizzy was replaced. It even has ash tray and sun visors bought new in 2007. Passenger window barely works because the car is air conditioned the guys wife never used the windows.

Sunroof works fine. Drivers side door doesn't open from outside but seems the mechanisms just come off. Front bar and rear bar need replacing. Corner lights and headlights also need replacing but I can pinch them off the blue one if I want.

A lot of service history from Mazda. Whenever things were picked up they were fixed on the next service. Only iffy thing is the gearbox. Not sure when the fluid and filter were done so will be attempting to do those.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Not dumb questions :) The other one is blue. Exactly the same but this new one is auto where as the blue one is manual. Not going to go over the top with this as the auto's can have issues with the diff like the manuals but there is no LSD option. It's a completely different experience to the manual which should be interesting.

Going to budget about $1200 for full turbo back exhaust. Dump pipe is sitting here already. Unlike blue car I think I will stick with 2.5 inch system with 1 muffler in the middle and resonator at the back. Will be getting a boost controller as well but will be an electronic one. Everything in this is going to be done right not bodgy or cheap parts.

Guy I bought it off wants to come have a look at it once I get it up to spec so that will probably mean another gold coast trip.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
More pics! Oh and fyi I paid a whopping $400 for this. Plus 140 for car trailer. Plus 75 in fuel. Not too bad. Oh and it still has one genuine Mazda headlight protector!

LRfkqpC.jpg

kThpovc.jpg

9sQg3qe.jpg

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well day of fail today. Snapped the tension rod in the boot because I didn't notice it wasn't sitting right. Queue massive bang and the rod snapped in half. Think I will just go gas strut instead. Boot is misaligned so still not fixed. Door handle although newish is snapped and unrepairable. Will be calling the wreckers tomorrow to see what they have.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
if you got the blue one why not just use that as a parts car?

Personally i would just paint the front bar and leave rest if it a daily its going to get damage anyway i got 3 nice car park marks on mine just because its a daily.

Spend to money mechanical and just make it look presentable cosmetic wise

!200 for and exhaust is waaay to much i wouldnt be paying more than half that for a 2.5 mild system

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
Mate, seriously you can't go wrong for $400 for that. I assume lowering it is on the agenda, will look very tidy then. Are their any cheap wheel options from other mazdas, of is it a common stud pattern? If you have plans of building the ute, I guess it won't hurt to have a crack at some of the small dent repairs yourself.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
i actually like those rims very 80's early 90's

Got any interior pics?