Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wrecker $$$

VRNathan

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VR Berlina
Hey guys,

Got a VN Wagon out the front, our family wants it gone because its of absolute no use to us (older brothers old shizen box, now has a VZ SV6)

Im not sure if its going to a wrecker you have to list stuff wrong with it (never done this before) but here is is:
Its a 1989 Series 1 VN wagon V6 Auto:

270,000 on the clock
Faded paint (rusting quite bad on the top)
Boot lock broken
Home-made water pump fix
front wheels down to belts on side because of dodgey allingment

Those are the major bad points, interior is suprisingly quite clean for a 1989 S1

Any idea(s) of wreckers in Melbourne that will give us a DECENT price for it? Looking for at least a few hundred i suppose, still goes really hard, spins the rears off the line (go the Series 1 buick torque (Y))

Thanks guys

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
you will be lucky to get $200 from a wrecker for it

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
If your looking for a few hundred, just dismantle the thing, dif, cv joints, trail arms, steering wheel, door handles, dash, everything i suppose. You'd make a bit off it.

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
Fill the interior with as much junk as possible, drain all of the fuel out of the tank (use it for other cars) and fill it with water. Sell your cats seperately to a metal recycler, and sell the scrap car to a scrapyard. Also, fill the engine to the brim with water in place of oil/coolant because the scrappies go by weight.

You could end up with a decent price out of it.

Critical Jim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais, VL SL
Fill the interior with as much junk as possible, drain all of the fuel out of the tank (use it for other cars) and fill it with water. Sell your cats seperately to a metal recycler, and sell the scrap car to a scrapyard. Also, fill the engine to the brim with water in place of oil/coolant because the scrappies go by weight.

You could end up with a decent price out of it.

Lol, classy, I like it.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute