Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wrecking a car...

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
Hi guys,

I'm looking at wrecking a car and would like to know a few things...

1. If i strip the car right down to the shell (no wheels, no breaks, no panels, etc) can this be towed (and put onto a tow truck without wheels or brakes) and where can i dispose of a shell (i'm west suburbs melb) and what would the costs associated with this be?

2. Can i have a car that i'm wrecking with missing panels, wheels, doors, brakes etc sitting on the side of a road or must it be on public property?

Thanks,
Adam

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
If you're wrecking a car, it must be on private property. (that is, land that you own)

As for disposing of the shell...ask around, there might be a company who offers free car body removal.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Yes it has to be in private property, it cant legally be on public property unless registered (or a permit for the Saddlers).

Yeah you wont have a problem getting rid a bare shell, most places will pick it up, or whinch it onto atrailer, Maccas trays work great for this :p
OR cut it up into pieces haha.

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
Ok cool. Do they damage the ground that it is on if it has no wheels, when they are putting it onto the truck? Don't want to destroy my driveway...

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Just depends what sort of truck they use, if they use one with a crane, it shouldn't damage it at all. If they use one with a tilt tray, however, it could scrape a bit.