Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wretched calliper piston dust boot install help

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
But no where does it actually state that you can use on the hydraulic seals where brake fluid comes in contact. It's all about other brake and clutch components. I must say that it's all a bit vague around that area. I've always been of the opinion that the hydraulic side of the system should be cleaned spotlessly and even finally wiped out with Mentholated Spirits to remove any contaminates and thus only have brake fluid inside the hydraulic circuit.

I'm not trying to start any arguments here, but this Rubber Grease talk has been around a long time now with so many different opinions being shared within the trade.

My theory and the one that's generally touted within the pages of most Workshop Manuals has always been about totally no contaminants inside the hydraulic system.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
But no where does it actually state that you can use on the hydraulic seals where brake fluid comes in contact. It's all about other brake and clutch components. I must say that it's all a bit vague around that area. I've always been of the opinion that the hydraulic side of the system should be cleaned spotlessly and even finally wiped out with Mentholated Spirits to remove any contaminates and thus only have brake fluid inside the hydraulic circuit.

I'm not trying to start any arguments here, but this Rubber Grease talk has been around a long time now with so many different opinions being shared within the trade.

My theory and the one that's generally touted within the pages of most Workshop Manuals has always been about totally no contaminants inside the hydraulic system.

The reason for no contaminates in the system is petroleum based products can swell the seals.
If the seal never is at risk of swelling then it will be fine.