Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wrong Audio wiring.....no good

Mohi

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy commodore executive S2
I had my front Polk Audio 100Rms splits installed with a 4x100 rms amp bridged to a 300rms sub , but when connecting the front splits to amp the guy didnt ran the wire whole way from amp to the crossover box but he sliced the old front speaker wire and joined it there and let the old speaker wire connect to the split crossover.

It made me think that then there is no point of running good wires from the amp to speaker as the wire connectiong the speaker half way is that thin holden audio wire,
Do you guys think will this make my speaker not to work at their full potiential ,

Thanks

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
the wire holden use is sufficiant enough tho 4 wat u wanna use but if u did say u wanted it run with new wiring and paid 4 that he should have done wat u asked and if thats the case id b taking it back and gettin him 2 re do it, thats only if u requested it and paid 4 it tho.

Mohi

Reaction score
Members Ride
yup, i only noticed it when was sound deadning it..

I got this Polk audio splits DB6501 300watts peak and 100rms 4ohms connected to 100rms per channel amp but the bass response is not that good.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
There 6 inch speakers. Designed to work mainly with high to medium frequencies. Not a surprise you can't get heaps of bass out of them. As for your question. The stock wire is fine. I guarantee you won't notice any difference changing the wire.

Mohi

Reaction score
Members Ride
There 6 inch speakers. Designed to work mainly with high to medium frequencies. Not a surprise you can't get heaps of bass out of them. As for your question. The stock wire is fine. I guarantee you won't notice any difference changing the wire.

thanks mate, i only felt less bass bcoz with the stock vy speakers i use to feel the thrust or air bounce on my legs but not with these one .

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Slightly off topic, but I have the Polk MMC-6500 and with a 100hz 18db/octave crossover, I can still feel pretty decent midbass. What is you HPF frequency?

And that bass you were feeling with the stock speakers, was the factory speakers dying slowly.

Mohi

Reaction score
Members Ride