Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wrong transmission mount?

tenggo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore, Vr Acclaim
I had a really annoying knock on take off and it was a broken transmission mount.
I bought a replacement off ebay
Holden V6 VR VS VT VX transmission mount NEW - eBay, Other Car Parts, Accessories, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 06-Jun-09 20:27:12 AEST)

I have just installed it in the car and the knock has gone (woohoo!) but it actually is a little taller than the one that was in there... it also had 2 bolts that were part of it that the original one didnt have that dont go into anything (i had to grind them off) . What i am worried about is that as the new one is a bit taller (or was the broken one a bit squashed?) it has lifted the transmission a bit and put the tailshaft on a bit of an angle. Is this how it is supposed to be? I am happy that the knock is gone but will the tailshaft at an angle stuff up the centre bearing or trans or something?

cheers

tenggo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore, Vr Acclaim
Its a vr sedan v6

clubby_you

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
Thats fine mate your old one was probs just sagged and shagged bit of angle is fine

tenggo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore, Vr Acclaim
cheers thanks mate

AUIIFalcon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
The good thing about commodore transmissions mounts are interchangable auto to manual v8 to v6 just spins around etc to different postions to suit different applicatsions. only the 6 speed manuals are different