Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wrong zorst

Greggles_VS

The Noob
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6 Ecotec
Picked up an exhaust from a guy bout n hour away, was told it suited a vs. Well got back home, let her cool a little, ripped off my stock one, went to put it on and found flange is out by like 30ish degrees, muffler mounts are back closer to fuel tank so won't go, what are my options? Cheers

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Custom parts to attach it to your car, which would probably be a wast of money & possibly might not work all together.
I'm very sorry for this & this will come across as rude....but could you not figure this out for yourself, did you really have to make a thread about it? It's not hard to realize, that will be your only option?
Otherwise put your old exhaust back on & call the guy you bought it off, tell him you want a refund & that he's a f'wit (neither will probably get you anywhere).

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Cut and re-weld flange and hangers. Will probably cost more to do than you bought it for,

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Sounds like it's off an earlier model or a V8 if the front flange is fixed and flat. The VS V6 has a loose flange over a bell type flare.

Yours is IRS so the if the exhaust is off an IRS then the brackets on the muffler should be the same, just the front part will be different. If you wanted to, you could cut the front off the one you bought and weld your front pipe onto the muffler, but if you say the brackets are different, then maybe you don't have a VP-VR IRS exhaust.

Any chance of posting up a pic?