Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wrx dash in VL

Asha0378

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL commodore executive
Hi everyone, a bit of background quickly, I have a VL that I got my hands on and a week before I picked it up from the previous owner somebody stole most of the interior and the part of the engine. So my brother in law and I came up with the idea of upgrading and modernising the VL, which brings me to my question. I just saw recently in street machine legends book 2 a VB with a WRX dashboard, which goes along with what I’m trying to do to my VL. It looks really good and I was wondering if anyone knew how they did this, or if they know anyone who has done it that I can talk too.

Cheers

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Very hard to read and understand.
Space your questions.

Asha0378

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL commodore executive
Hi everyone,

a bit of background quickly, I have a VL that I got my hands on and a week before I picked it up from the previous owner somebody stole most of the interior and the part of the engine. So my brother in law and I came up with the idea of upgrading and modernising the VL, which brings me to my question.

I just saw recently in street machine legends book 2 a VB with a WRX dashboard, which goes along with what I’m trying to do to my VL.

It looks really good and I was wondering if anyone knew how they installed a wrx dashboard, or if they know anyone who has done it that I can talk too. Or what other modern car dashboards will go in a VL

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Hi everyone,

a bit of background quickly, I have a VL that I got my hands on and a week before I picked it up from the previous owner somebody stole most of the interior and the part of the engine. So my brother in law and I came up with the idea of upgrading and modernising the VL, which brings me to my question.

I just saw recently in street machine legends book 2 a VB with a WRX dashboard, which goes along with what I’m trying to do to my VL.

It looks really good and I was wondering if anyone knew how they installed a wrx dashboard, or if they know anyone who has done it that I can talk too. Or what other modern car dashboards will go in a VL

As I said in my previous reply, contact street magazine magazine....They might put you onto the person/people that did this conversion you saw

Asha0378

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL commodore executive
I’ll give that a try, thank you.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
So there are 2 aspects to doing this conversion, 1. physically fitting the dash and 2. how the dash is driven, electronically.

Asha0378

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL commodore executive
It’s more the physical aspect as I’m upgrading to a 2008 motor that requires a whole different wiring loom from the RB-30 loom, so I’m already doing that part and I’m pretty much all over it. But physically putting the dashboard in and other things like do I upgrade the A/C and heater gear or keep the standard VL under dash components.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Get in contact with Damien Lowe AKA Chubby.

Asha0378

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL commodore executive
I did, he was very helpful and I’m very grateful for his help.

Reactions: Lex