Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WRX vs VE SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shauno-81

Reaction score
Members Ride
6.0L VE Calais-V.
^^^ agree mate! The R8 driver gets that launch right he wins. Or has much greater chance of winning anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
2 totally different cars. A rex would be quicker through the suburbs and a commodore quicker on the hwy. A rex would do quicker laps on the EC south curcuit and a V8 would be quicker on the GP track.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
While he certainly botched the launch, I still don't see him winning. Having said that... From what I could hear... That wrx didn't sound too stock and as mentioned sometime ago .. If not comparing stock vs stock then you're really only comparing wallet vs wallet which makes the argument null and void.

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
my ss ute would cut fully sik on dat rex's ass mofo's(oh wait I got exhaust,cai and tune etc :p not "stock")

seriously..i don't know that a VE SS would hose/towel one up..might be fairly close imo..but more applicable ,is this a lame thread????

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
"You cant beat cubic inches" certainly against a 99 model stock

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
WRX's are quick little buggers and really shouldn't be taken lightly. I have seen my fair share of them........ 0-100 its pretty even if you look at the numbers and so it is in real life. The newer models are slower then the older ones.

A WRX must lunch in boost and use it's 4WD to jump a SS but even then. That said, mods on either end of the stick matter. People talk about WRX's being light and agile through corners well I can tell you for a fact if a WRX cant sit in boost thru a bunch of hair pin corners..... an SS will leave it behind. Displacement......

If a WRX launches boosted and a SS aint ready like any other drag.. WRX will win.

Personally I think the WRX mechanics are great, sound, engine, drivechain....... but then its got horrible seats, its small, it's a little car and I'd rather own a V8 any day then some boosted 4 no matter how good that is......... STI's are fast, but i'd never own one. THE SS is about being everything....... comfort, handling, power, noise......... It's not just a "V8", its the family car that "can".

eg. Oh look a hotted up rex......... bye "because it can" in comfort..... I respect WRX's and all you can do with them, I personally just dont like them......... is the uncomfort, lack of space, extra economy and cheaper rego worth it? I suspect anyone who has ever owned both will tell you....... they'd take an SS over a WRX any day.

PS. My mate has a 09 WRX, full exhaust, extra boost and tuned...... puts out just under 150rwkw, stock ran 109rwkw. he spent 5k to get 40kw basically...

The only thing thats great about a WRX is one thing........ their traction is bloody insane! But again, no fun :p WRX is a rally car, its not meant to play with the big boys lol

Last edited:

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
so you dislike wrxs and your post focuses on the mods made.... irrelevant to the question.

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
so you dislike wrxs and your post focuses on the mods made.... irrelevant to the question.

Oh I think I must of hurt your feelings so let me simplify for you on the topics question.

Yes a SS will beat a WRX every ........ day of the week! Stock vs stock or modified vs modified. Either way to be clear again a WRX will loose!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
nah mate, you didn't hurt my feelings. I'm just trying to understand your........... logic.

modifified vs modified? So a modified VE SS with 240kw at the wheels will beat a 500kw wrx by your logic?.......right...........? am I understanding it correctly.............? under what conditions will it lose by.......?

Status
Not open for further replies.