Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WRX vs VE SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
nah mate, you didn't hurt my feelings. I'm just trying to understand your........... logic.

modifified vs modified? So a modified VE SS with 240kw at the wheels will beat a 500kw wrx by your logic?.......right...........? am I understanding it correctly.............? under what conditions will it lose by.......?

That's not a realistic comparison you can get a lot more than 240RWKW out of an SS modified and 500KW out of a WRX would require a massive investment of money as too would a SS its not so much KW that are the issue a SS has a lot more Torque than a WRX (Stock) the original post is not talking about modified so this post has just turned into a bitch fight and a waste of time. Stock vs Stock the SS will win every time because of the sheer torque it provides in Newton meters fullstop

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
I think that if we dropped both out of a airplane the ss would win

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
That's not a realistic comparison you can get a lot more than 240RWKW out of an SS modified and 500KW out of a WRX would require a massive investment of money as too would a SS its not so much KW that are the issue a SS has a lot more Torque than a WRX (Stock) the original post is not talking about modified so this post has just turned into a bitch fight and a waste of time. Stock vs Stock the SS will win every time because of the sheer torque it provides in Newton meters fullstop

Thats exactly the point I was eluding to in my earlier post... you can't compare modified vehicles and then ask a generic broad sweeping question. Modified vs modified is simply a question of whose wallet is fatter... thats what decides that question... which makes it a null and void question. Stock vs Stock in a straight line it's always going to be the SS without a doubt. Through the bends? well a lot of that has to do with the size of cajones of the drivers.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I think that if we dropped both out of a airplane the ss would win

interesting point there... what size spoiler is fitted to the WRX?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Seen a stock 06 STI do a 12.8, most VE's I've seen are more around the mid 13.
Just saying.

Zippy7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport
One thing not mentioned in this thread is how "aggresive" the driver is.

I think the driver who has less mechanical sympathy to the car will win the launch (and likely a drag race).

From what I've seen and experienced, you have to treat your WRX pretty harshly to launch quickly - you certainly wouldnt want to do it too often, or you'd risk something going bang!
On the other hand, the SS is more solid/robust and could handle more frequent "enthusiastic" launches.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Seen a stock 06 STI do a 12.8, most VE's I've seen are more around the mid 13.
Just saying.

Are you certain it was stock? According to Road & Track magazine (USA) the STI can do 0-60 in 4.9 seconds, and run a 13.3-second quarter mile. The 2006's may have been a little quicker? The WRX would be significantly slower than the STi. Quick little car either way. Off topic but I'd still rather an LJ two door with an LS1 ;)

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Are you certain it was stock? According to Road & Track magazine (USA) the STI can do 0-60 in 4.9 seconds, and run a 13.3-second quarter mile. The 2006's may have been a little quicker? The WRX would be significantly slower than the STi. Quick little car either way. Off topic but I'd still rather an LJ two door with an LS1 ;)
Was my mates car, completely stock.

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
If STI WRX,shouldnt we compare to GTS VE then? As the STI is +40 kw more than standard rex? :p How does the GTS stack up 1/4 wise? must be under 13.5 surely(but maybe not .7 under lol)

I agree,very potent little cars and quick..too ricey and they are under refined for an older fella like myself :smoking:

Status
Not open for further replies.