Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[WA] WTB: 304 or 355, low km or recon

betts

Reaction score
Members Ride
b
Looking to buy either a recently reconditioned 304 engine, or a 355 stroker. I'm open to all options and specifications and power outputs, will consider all enquiries. It will be going in the ute. Pm me if you have or know of any offers in WA. Thankyou

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Try Pavtek a call. They are in Melbourne but could send you a crate motor easy enough.

Reaper

betts

Reaction score
Members Ride
b
I've just had a look on their website, and the crate motors look nice, and very well priced. Whats the quality of work like from pavtek? I would be expecting engines with those power figures to be costing a fair bit more, why are they so cheap?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
dunno. They have a good rep. Never heard anything bad about them and plenty of good experiences.

Reaper

betts

Reaction score
Members Ride
b
Yea I'm a massive fan of SHYGMH, didn't know that it was a pavtek engine though. Have got the guy from pavtek to email me a full quote including all the costs including freight etc. Just working out now whether it will be cheaper to go with pavtek or just get something built up here in perth.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
watch your cranks if you build it locally. There are only a couple of stroker cranks I'd let near my car. Procomp is not one of them.

Reaper

betts

Reaction score
Members Ride
b
Well I've just been down to Hi Flow Engines and had a talk to them, my mechanic recommended them. They have done a few stroker engines which have made it into Perth Street Car magazine, he was more than happy to show me around his workshop and explain to me some of the current project engines he was working on. He can build me a 355 stroker for $8000, which I am pretty happy with. He is using either Come or Scat parts for the rebuild, so no procomp garbage:)

betts

Reaction score
Members Ride
b
Thanks for your help and advice reaper.