Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WTB: Supercharger kit

g00gz

Reaction score
Members Ride
'08 Accord Euro
How much do you want to pay? I'm thinking of making copies of mine...

tysons_2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais International - RIP VR Turbo
Also interested for my VR.
These kits are overpriced.
I want the supercharger kit with 6psi pulley upgrade at a good price.
Will take 2nd hand or new for a good price.
Thanks

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
From the ones that have gone on ebay they are in this price range:

I won an auction for one, 9psi pulley, came with bigger throttle body, injectors, chip, an intercooler (no plumbing) - $1025 or so, apparently the guy sold it elsewhere before the auction finished for 850

The rest that have gone from ebay have varied from 600-1000, depending on pulley and if anything else came with the charger.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Supercharger...yZ102567QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VN-VP-VR-sup...yZ102567QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Used-Commodo...yZ102567QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Supercharger...yZ102567QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i'm happy to pay within that price range, depending on pulley used, etc....

though if you were to make copies and sell them on a regular basis, i'm sure you'd make a fortune.

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
alternatively, if you'd like to just build me one, and you can make pulleys also, i'd be happy to work out some cash with you :p

tysons_2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
I've also been keeping my eye on the ones on ebay and i am willing to pay up to 1k for the full kit with 9psi pulley instead of the 2k + 400 for pulley upgrade from crs.

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
shotgun the first one made! lol

you could make them cheaper + better if you ditch the blow off valve and mount the throttle body before the charger...

I dunno how much room there is for real, but the ultimate setup would be

supercharged 6 CAI->airbox->throttlebody->supercharger->inlet manifold.

you can buy coolers for under 200 bux, and you could plumb a cooler between supercharger and inlet manifold....

considering you have to modify the pulley of a standard toyota charger to fit the commodore belt, you could propably size it down a little too?

plus if you have the original brackets to measure up against, I can't imagine it to be all that hard!

i agree with 900-1k for the kit, though this should include blow off valve etc, unless throttle body is mounted as stated above... then there's no need for bov and the car will likely run a bit better.

let us know :)

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
These CRS kits are wayyyy overpriced and only provide a modest gain (30% atw).

tysons_2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Maybe someone could put together a kit for us that want a kit that is not overpriced.
Also VP_Luke has some good ideas in his previous post, not sure if it will all work with the setup he said but i am no mechanic.
CRS needs some competition!

tysons_2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just noticed while reading one of the ebay auctions that VP_Luke posted before that one of the sellers said this:
"This kit was originally purchased in early 2004 for about $1300, however the price now for a new kit of the exact same type is about $2000."
This shows how overpriced the kits are and can be made for alot cheaper than they are selling them for.