Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WTB: Varijet 2 carby for blue motor

Nos_VQ

Hot Rod Metal Fabricator
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VH wagon, 54 Plymouth
As the title states.

Must be in good condition. In melbourne.

PM me if you have one you want to get rid of.

Cheers

Troy

kwik6

stroke it baby
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss cobalt blue/ hk prem chev
i have a holley 450 that should fit?? $100 double pumper 4 barrel

coolngroovy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ Calais
Dont do it m8,varijet carbs are pieces of crap! i read somewhere in the workshop manual, they are throw away items after 80,000k's. Go the holley,or even better, fuel injection from a vk calais.

Nos_VQ

Hot Rod Metal Fabricator
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for the replies :)

Got one now. Didn't go with the holley as I'm keeping it original.

Cheers,
Troy

SNAFFLER

Reaction score
coolngroovy said:
Dont do it m8,varijet carbs are pieces of crap! i read somewhere in the workshop manual, they are throw away items after 80,000k's. Go the holley,or even better, fuel injection from a vk calais.

are you serious?

build a varijet to brock specs and it would **** on any holley stuffed on a stockie!!
getting the brock needles is another problem though, but least u dont get dicked by EPA & it would run alot cheaper than any holley stuff on motors that they just aint ment to be on. i do agree to the EFI setup atleast.

coolngroovy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ Calais
The advantage of a holley is it usually warrants a set of extractors. Or welding up of the stock exhaust manifold.Extractors are preferable as the added advantages of improved gas scavenging & increase in power. The injection system is even better & the extractors are stainless steel from factory. Perhaps snaffler could tell us all just which engines are meant to use holleys,& which ones aren't?

Nos_VQ

Hot Rod Metal Fabricator
Reaction score
Members Ride
It's all good people :)
No need for a debate on this one as I have one now. I use a holley on my chev and have done on many motors. Every carb will have it's good points and bad and it's all a compromise as to what direct application your going for.

I like stock stuff on a stock motor due to the fact that it just plain works.

When I build a motor with after market bits then I am going in a defined direction which will pretty much show me what I need to use. Then my only question is which brand to use.....holley, barry grant etc etc.

Everyone will have an oppinion and rightly entitled to it :)

Thanks to all who provided input.

Can an admin lock this thead please.

Cheers

SNAFFLER

Reaction score
coolngroovy said:
The advantage of a holley is it usually warrants a set of extractors. Or welding up of the stock exhaust manifold.Extractors are preferable as the added advantages of improved gas scavenging & increase in power. The injection system is even better & the extractors are stainless steel from factory. Perhaps snaffler could tell us all just which engines are meant to use holleys,& which ones aren't?

the only advantage to useing a holley is for mass fuel which in a stock street it has no advantage except for waisting fuel and running costs threw the roof which fuel is near $1.40 per liter now.
as i said, i agree to the efi setup, but if u really want some input, asshole the efi top end except for the heads and smack a active manifold and stick a MSD 1000cfm throttle body on it along with a wolf 3D and then what power increase you get.
BUT ANYWAYS, u want input on motors to use & not to use holley on? something thats got decent comp with cam & extractors (mild onwards) on it id use a holley, but street stock motors, id keep original useing a modifide quady so least when pulled up by the cops you aint getting a unroadworthy sticker on it and your avoiding the extra costs of having to fix up the rest of the car and saving the expence at the same time!!

makes sence to me..