Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WTF ? HELP Please

[Linkin Park]

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
'04 VZ Executive, '98 EL Falcon, '95 NF Fairlane
Well when i try to start our 2004 VZ commodore the starter motor cranks and belt rotates and the yet the engine does not even make a sound or does not want to do anything.

We just got a new battery 5 days ago and it is not flat because the electrics work.(Bosch Gold Series)

Could someone suggest what the problem might be?

Done 58,000kms

sleeper6

Banned
Reaction score
check your fuel pump fuse, its under the cover between the battery and the strut tower in the engine bay, look under the cover to find the diagram - 15amp i think.

could be the fuel pump...

when inside the car and all silent, can you hear the fuel pump prime?

[Linkin Park]

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
'04 VZ Executive, '98 EL Falcon, '95 NF Fairlane
Well I decieded to call the NRMA and he used to work at holden and the said that a sensor or something (can't remember name) in the the vz's were faulty from when they got released but the previous owner did not get it recalibrated. Because of that giving the wrong fuel reading the car would not start. So I have to take the car back to holden and get it replaced under warranty. Atleast I dont have to pay for it. But until I take it back to holden he reccommends that i keep the fuel tank full.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
[Linkin Park];860978 said:
Well I decieded to call the NRMA and he used to work at holden and the said that a sensor or something (can't remember name) in the the vz's were faulty from when they got released but the previous owner did not get it recalibrated. Because of that giving the wrong fuel reading the car would not start. So I have to take the car back to holden and get it replaced under warranty. Atleast I dont have to pay for it. But until I take it back to holden he reccommends that i keep the fuel tank full.

The dreaded VZ fuel gauge problem - and the car was out of fuel?:embarrass

At least is was nothing major:)