Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WTF is goin on with this site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Jeez, I thought my light hearted remark in the "hate or like" thread would be taken light heartedly. Obviously someone here was offended by it and chose to delete it..

Is this a place where people have a chat online or some place where robots talk only about cars, with no digression..

I know nuns who would have a chuckle at that line..

WTF is with this place and this sudden over moderation. Could the mod who deleted it please justify why they felt it was so inappropriate.

Don't let this forum go to ****. It's an awesome relaxed place.. Over-moderation will screw things up, a lot..

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
That would be me that deleted it. I deleted it not because of what you said, but because it had nothing to do with the topic. As of late threads keep heading way of topic, so I have been trying to stop it from happening sooner rather then having to sit here for half an hour tidying it up.
If it had of been a topic within the pub then I may have let it slip, but it was within one of the automotive related section so therefore my above actions where taken.
AirStrike :air:

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
I thought it would be you.. These over moderation is absolutely ridiculous.

It wasn't the type of comment which would spawn a chain of people replying and sending the whole thread OT. It was just a light hearted play on words based on one of the thread starters comments..

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showpost.php?p=291213&postcount=7

That post is no more "on topic" then mine..

I think you're being an idiot with this whole moderation thing. Why not change the rules so no jokes or similar can be made in the General section then. This **** would not have happened a few months ago..

Take a long hard look at yourself and what you're doing. It's not good.. You're gonna turn this place into one of these other wanker forums..

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
If you don't like it, leave, simple really.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
minux said:
If you don't like it, leave, simple really.

Love the site, don't love the actions of one mod..

And this is a section for site feedback/problems..

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Shounak said:
Don't let this forum go to ****. It's an awesome relaxed place.. Over-moderation will screw things up, a lot..

I agree mate, well to a certian extent... i was posting one nyt only to return the next day with a PM from "a" mod saying it was strike one.... maybe i deserved it i dont know..only cos there wasn't the best description of what i said...there wasn't really a description at all just the area i was in and im there ALL the time... upon PM'ming back (nicely, friendly) to get a reason for my strike, ie. what post it was, when etc.... i was ignored. Simple as that... i deserve a reason as to why i was given the warning.

aZk.

..oh and minux, if you dont like the way your wife (lets assume you have one for this exercise) cooks eggs..... you just gonna leave? The way your job operates....you just gonna leave?

Not really simple at all really..... you do your best to fix the problem THEN leave. Cant run away all the time.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Just for the record 99% of the time I send a PM explaining why I remove threads (I forgot to once, but I'll never do it again).. here's some random threads I've removed:

- Check This Out! - Could kill someone with epilepsy (juz)
- WTB VH stuff plz look WTB - wrong section (juz)
- Almost wrote off the SS - Illegal (juz)
- questions about my vh - double post on purpose (juz)
- brock enthusiasts read on - triple post on purpose (juz)
- brock enthusiasts read on - Quadruple posts! (juz)

As you can see we are required to put the reason why when removing a thread, and who did what for accountability sake.. going through some of the threads that Dave's (AirStrike's) removed in the past, they all have valid reasons, not one is in the section without a fair reason why it's there.. I stand by him, because he's just doing his job.. the reason for so much moderator activity is the forums in general have been getting a lot more activity lately

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
nic1234: men i like the speed but not the look
Shounak: My girlfriend says the exact opposite about me

Did that warrant deletion anymore then the other post above. It's moderating for the sake of moderating.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Shounak said:
nic1234: men i like the speed but not the look
Shounak: My girlfriend says the exact opposite about me

Did that warrant deletion anymore then the other post above. It's moderating for the sake of moderating.

If it was me I wouldn't have lol, it just goes to show that different people take different actions, we're given by the admins discretion and they trust us to do whatever is necessary, although I don't see what was so bad about what you said, I'm sure Dave will supply a reason

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
Juzza said:
If it was me I wouldn't have lol, it just goes to show that different people take different actions, we're given by the admins discretion and they trust us to do whatever is necessary, although I don't see what was so bad about what you said, I'm sure Dave will supply a reason

He already has.. Just read above.. And it's a pretty shitty one at that..

Status
Not open for further replies.