Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WTF is going on around here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
seriously, why do we suddenly have an influx of people trying to prove how good they are by telling us how fast they can go? i am seriously getting sick of al of these idiots. not only do they look like fools but they may also be giving JC a bad reputation. you may think that you look good but to the rest of us you like like a fool. have some brains.

my suggestion is to ban these users posting all of this rubbish. we dont need this kind of attention from anyone, especially police.

i would really like to hear some comments by our mods/admin on this subject as it is really getting out of hand.

Troy

PS i posted this in this forums because i felt it wasnt a matter to be discussed elsewhere and i feel it is a serious issue

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Secki said:
what posts are you referring too? i agree though, id rather see a hot looking commodore cruising around than driving around like a ********.
this one

and this one

there are more if you wanna do some digging, but these 2 are the most recent

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I get what you are on about, to an extent, and I don't like 'street racing' threads anymore than you do. I try to keep an eye on a lot of threads but due to other commitments and time restrains myself and the other mods cannot unfortunately view every single thread. I know of one thread which I think you may be speaking of and I warned the user, but left it to serve as an example of what not to post to other would be idiots. I was tossing up whether to delete it or not but couldn't decide so I think I will leave that decision up to the big kahunas.

Is it just this one thread you are refering to or is there more? Seeing as us moderators can't view every single thread and be here 24/7 we really rely on our members to report and suspect threads now more so than ever because our member numbers are sky rocketing and that means there will be a small minority of fools. So if anyone sees a thread encouraging any type of illegal activity please report it so it can be dealt with as deemed necessary.

Thanks for your concern,

Julie :)

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I think some of the posts are a bit of mine is bigger than yours sort of thinking .
Plus the fact that when you're in your late teens and early twenties you're bulletproof.
I think you have to read between the lies and sort the fact from fiction and after all that not take it too seriously.
Being from the older school I was probably just as fearless as those burnout and high speed kings ....its just that cars in my day didn't go as fast and were harder to come by.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
I sure as hell agree, sure we've all done something stupid at some point as outlined in the updated rules of engagement (Updated this morning - Rule #7) but it does get rather tiring seeing similar stuff popup like this.

I think Julie summed it up nicely in that last paragraph, any post / thread that you believe to be inappropriate by all means let us know by clicking on the give way looking sign above each post (to the right of the reputation - scales), we will deal it as soon as possible with whatever means necessary. Keeping in mind by reporting a post you will NOT be named at any point no matter how much grovelling happens.

Troy, this section is exactly for what you have written, it's feedback and needs to be dealt with.

The posts mentioned above have been moved to an appropriate section where they are out of sight out of mind, should the original thread creators have a problem by all means let us know. I must warn you though, there is a 1% chance if that of these posts coming back out from the dead.

Whilst we are being frank with each other is there anything else anyone wishes to add relating to this subject or something different which is upsetting the high spirit JC community? :w00t:

beckrey

Banned
Reaction score
Troy711 said:
seriously, why do we suddenly have an influx of people trying to prove how good they are by telling us how fast they can go? i am seriously getting sick of al of these idiots. not only do they look like fools but they may also be giving JC a bad reputation. you may think that you look good but to the rest of us you like like a fool. have some brains.

my suggestion is to ban these users posting all of this rubbish. we dont need this kind of attention from anyone, especially police.

i would really like to hear some comments by our mods/admin on this subject as it is really getting out of hand.

Troy

PS i posted this in this forums because i felt it wasnt a matter to be discussed elsewhere and i feel it is a serious issue

while you're on your high horse
heres some of yours :shutup:
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=4541&highlight=speeding

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=1316&highlight=racing

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Too true Beckrey, after reading the posts you have highlighted (in the post above)it looks like its "don't do as I do ,do as I say".
The people at the start of this post are just as guilty as the people they are complaining about.
Lets face it why would people build or modify cars to make them go faster and then baby them when they drive anywhere...we are all addicted to speed(and hating fords)
I'll try to tell my kids when they get to that age about the perils of driving a car and I hope it sinks in but unfortunately experiences are what we learn from

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Wow talk about dragging up old threads beckrey lol.Well going acccordingly with the rules of engagement these threads will be moved to a more appropriate section of the forum. In Troy711's defense might I add in the second thread you mentioned he specifically said he would not try this on the street, only in a controlled environment.

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
Julie said:
Well going acccordingly with the rules of engagement these threads will be moved to a more appropriate section of the forum.

Does this mean the "Recycle Bin?" Or does it refer to an area which only moderators are allowed access?

I can't seem to be able to access any of the threads mentioned above.

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Status
Not open for further replies.