Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WTF is going on around here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I could before but I can't now....someone has changed something to protect the guilty people who live in their glasshouses.

beckrey

Banned
Reaction score
i don't want to drag up anymore old threads but a simple search revealed a thread started by troy711
about what top speed you have had a Commodore up to on a public road i think his best was around 180
in another one he said he doesn't stop at stop signs because most times you can see whats coming.

sorry about this but i cannot stand hypocrites

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Yes this refers to a section of the forum which only admin and mods may view, sometimes we keep threads there before 'hard' deleting them, this way if for some reason the thread needs to be 'undeleted' we can simply just move it.

And also FYI the threads were moved not to protect guilty people living in glasshouses. They were moved because they are in breech of the current rules of engagement. Beckrey posted the links and complained about it so I did the responsible thing and moved them to deleted posts, if they were not brought to my attention they would have been left alone in the past with all the other ancient threads.

Honestly there is just no pleasing everyone, I try to be consistent and get rid of all the threads mentioning any illegal action on public roads and then I get accused of protecting the guilty. Sheesh can't can't seem to win here can I lol :hit:

Just another thought, even if troy711 had admitted to doing stupid things on the road, why does that mean he can not be entitled to have realised his mistakes and now have changed his attitude. Seriously, that would be like saying a reformed drug addict can not say drugs are bad because he would be a hypocrit, or a ex criminal not being allowed to say breaking the law is bad................

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
or a current criminal saying don't do drugs.
lol.
I agree here, with all this talk about illegal activity cops will start targeting P platers and people with JC stickers.
Not, cool, at, all.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
yea, ive done stupid ****... and i may be a hypocrite... but at the same time its not like i am posting bloody movies of it for everyone to see

oh wait, heres a pic of my speedo in my old VS
click here. but before you abuse me you better look closer... :p

Triox

Reaction score
Wowsers

Once again the wowsers and greenies of this world have got their way.

This whole censorship thing is total BS.
I,m not a racer , Im 46 years old and I don,t "burn rubber".

BUT I do object strongly on censoring posts because a few POLITICALLY CORRECT people object.

Freedom of speech , I don,t think so!! , if JC is going to censor posts because they offend some, why not stop those who are offended from reading these posts.

George Orwell would be laughing in his grave at this fine example of thought police.

Julie

Reaction score
Members Ride
This has absolutely nothing to do with political correctness, nor does it have anything to do with censoring offensive posts. I don't think anyone has said they are offended by such posts. The issue at hand here is that some members have been posting threads which may encourage dangerous and illegal behaviour. The rules of engagement for this forum clearly state that this is not on. It isn't a case of us giving into a minority of whingers as you may see it, because I think you will find that the majority of members find these kind of threads undesirable and do not want them to be part of our forum.

This is a public forum, its just plain stupid to discuss these issues here, for one it may attract police attention for the poster and the site in general. We at Just Commodores also have a public image to maintain and we do not condone or encourage illegal activities. This is a commodore forum- (thats why its called JUST commodores) we are not a streetracing and speeding forum. At the end of the day it is the forum admin who are held accountable for the content they allow on their forums so everyone has to play by their rules like it or lump it.

Triox

Reaction score
Julie said:
The issue at hand here is that some members have been posting threads which may encourage dangerous and illegal behaviour.
I do not need to be protected from what you believe is dangerous and illegal behaviour , I am an ADULT and can make up my own mind !

Julie said:
the majority of members find these kind of threads undesirable and do not want them to be part of our forum.
Ask them, don,t speak on their behalf , they are adults too and can make up their own minds and opinions.

Julie said:
it may attract police attention for the poster and the site in general.
So! , I,ve heard blokes in the pub talking about speeding and other "illegal" activities, I even mentioned to my local policeman I drove my car into town unregistered , he just smiled. I,m sorry but saying you were speeding or hooning around on a bulletin board is not prima facie evidence and contrary to your legal advice you state in the rules of engagement

Julie said:
We at Just Commodores also have a public image to maintain and we do not condone or encourage illegal activities. This is a commodore forum- (thats why its called JUST commodores) we are not a streetracing and speeding forum. At the end of the day it is the forum admin who are held accountable for the content they allow on their forums so everyone has to play by their rules like it or lump it.

Let,s face it the majority of posts on Just Commodore are about people wanting to fix and modify their car.

What,s the point of a Cold air intake, more power, now this could be considered to be dangerous giving the immature kids more power.

Whats the point of modified memcals . .?

Why put a bigger exhaust on your car?

This site is as far as I can determine about boys and girls and their toys.

Come on I do not believe for one minute you will get into any trouble because of some discussion over street racing or as rule 7 NOW shows
encouraging dangerous driving.
You are not responsible for me nor my actions and this applies to all of your users.

And I must finish with your last comment
"so everyone has to play by their rules like it or lump it."

So thats the way it is , bit draconian for a friendly local commodore forum.

Have a poll, send PMs to all your members , ask them if they want you to control what they can and can,t read.

If you continue alienating your members as you have started , JC will end up like the original JC , left hanging.

Steve

Julie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ah here we go again........

Triox said:
I do not need to be protected from what you believe is dangerous and illegal behaviour , I am an ADULT and can make up my own mind !

Yes you are an adult and you do not need to be protected but not every member of this site is an adult now are they?

Triox said:
Ask them, don,t speak on their behalf , they are adults too and can make up their own minds and opinions.

They can and do speak their minds, and if you were a member for longer than one month you would have probably would have realised through the opinions they have voiced in many other threads is what leads me to believe they have the same sentiments on this issue as jc's management. Also I might add we recieve numerous complaints from members in the form of reported posts which you are not privy to. One last thing, I think the fact that no more than 3-4 of you have complained about the threads being axed is indicative that the majority of our members do not share your opinion... you do the maths, 3-4 out of 8285 members who have bothered to disagree with us.....

Triox said:
So! , I,ve heard blokes in the pub talking about speeding and other "illegal" activities, I even mentioned to my local policeman I drove my car into town unregistered , he just smiled. I,m sorry but saying you were speeding or hooning around on a bulletin board is not prima facie evidence and contrary to your legal advice you state in the rules of engagement

In the world today full of litigation it is only wise for companies to cover their arses. Stories you have heard down at the pub are hardly comparable to posts made on a public forum, that is hearsay, on a public forum it is there in text for anyone to read at anytime. Whether it would hold up in court or not, does it matter I'm no lawyer and I doubt you are, but i think it would be wise to err on the side of caution.

Triox said:
Let,s face it the majority of posts on Just Commodore are about people wanting to fix and modify their car.

What,s the point of a Cold air intake, more power, now this could be considered to be dangerous giving the immature kids more power.

Whats the point of modified memcals . .?

Why put a bigger exhaust on your car?

This site is as far as I can determine about boys and girls and their toys.

Come on I do not believe for one minute you will get into any trouble because of some discussion over street racing or as rule 7 NOW shows
encouraging dangerous driving.
You are not responsible for me nor my actions and this applies to all of your users.

The point of modifications is generally to make your car go faster obviously, theres no law against that if they are done within the rules set by relevant traffic authorities- even not if they are not to be driven on public roads people can legally modify their cars however they want. Same can't be said about speeding and street racing now can it? People might want better fuel economy- which I have heard that CAI can deliver. They might also want to race their car on LEGAL off street meets. And this site is not just about modding cars to make them go fast we offer much more info, like diy repairs and aesthetic modification info just to mention a couple of things.

Triox said:
And I must finish with your last comment
"so everyone has to play by their rules like it or lump it."

So thats the way it is , bit draconian for a friendly local commodore forum.

Have a poll, send PMs to all your members , ask them if they want you to control what they can and can,t read.

Nothing draconian about it, at the end of the day as I previously mentioned the admins will be held responsible for material posted on their site, the buck stops there. So considering they are liable for the material here its only fair that they are able to have some control over content.
Triox said:
If you continue alienating your members as you have started , JC will end up like the original JC , left hanging.

Steve

Not sure what the hell you are talking about here, I would hardly say 'alienating' a couple of members will end up with the site left hanging, especially since we are currently the fastest growing commodore forum around and have good support from longstanding members. Unfortunately as the saying goes "you can't please everyone" but we do value imput from our members and where possible we do try to please the majority.

Last edited:

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
If I hear rules of engagement one more time!

Status
Not open for further replies.