Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wtf is happenin lol

Reecey06

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr spack
A little over a year ago i got my vs series 2 ute as soon as it was in my drive i had a new head unit in it. (instead of the oridginal tape deck)
i bought all the connectors so i havent cut any wires, a few months later i installed an amp untidily (jenson 600w ) figured stuff it ill hook up the only 2 speakers i got until i get a pair of 2 way splits, recently my ciggo lighter stopped working so i had a geez and the wires had come off, without access to a soldering iron i adapted one out of a ford to suite as well as run my amp properly. Now it gets fun after not yet completing installation of the dash and bizzo i threw the ciggo lighter casing on and connected the wires up, me phone was gonna die so i wacked me charger in and luckily befor connecting my phone,
fried my charger there and then!! why would this happen and how can i fix it?? also i installed another amp and now my head unit doesnt turn off till the dor opens like the lights do when u leave them on please give me answer lol and before its said the amp is all wired properly ha ha i just dont wanna have an eletrical fault happen whilst driving! cheers

Some541

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
The head unit not turning off sounds like you have changed a setting in ur computer, You can set it to turn the accesories off when you open the door or when you turn the key off. Just go thru the menu and check that first.

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
The head unit not turning off sounds like you have changed a setting in ur computer, You can set it to turn the accesories off when you open the door or when you turn the key off. Just go thru the menu and check that first.

Props to you for giving him an answer after reading that mess. (Not saying he's at all right, I don't have the time to sit down and decipher the first post).

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Meh, too late at night to make any sense out of that. Lost interest after the second line.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Sounds like u've wired up the head unit to the wrong wires, or a wire has come loose out the back somewhere.

Only thing I can suggest, as now panadol is required!