Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wtf, left rear speaker always blowing up?? (hyuandai accent 2003)

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
hey all got a pioneer head unit (new) in me GF Hyundai accent 2003 and had some keen wood speakers in the rear, was running fine for the last 3 weeks, then wen she stooped then turned on teh car today the rear left speaker sounded awful (she doesnt crank it upo to teh max either) so i thought maybe a dud speaker, so i brought some new (different brand) ones and the same left rear is blowing up, teh cone has heaps of movement:mad:

wat was weired is i only had it on very low noise wen i tested them after installing them and it blew straight away

i took head unit out and checked all wireing behind it all looks fine,

could it be that the speaker wire may be touching teh cars body causeing a short resulting in a ****ed speaker??? or faulty head unit (somehow) but its only teh left rear speaker, all settings are set to spread the noise over all speakers.

its got me bugged

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Can you take the left speaker out and test it on your home stereo or something just to see if it's blown? Or even swap the left and right speakers over and see f the fault stays on the left or moves to the right?

If a speaker wire was touching ground the whole stereo would be muted.

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
I have had a problem before where the wiring for one speaker was grounding out intermittently but it never blew up the speaker, just muted the single speaker when it was grounding.

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
tried the speaker with anout car and teh same, its all crackley etc (both of teh blown speakers)

im leading to belive that something is shorting or screwed in teh head unit,

i have to wait till me GF come over soon then ill run another wire to teh speaker and see if it blows again (3 speakers) ill be returning it to were i brought it from and get another
if it still does it after that then ill burn it haha (jks):axe:
cheerrs,

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Did they blow straight away or after some use?

If you have a multimeter measure the voltage from ground (car chassis) to each speaker wire while it's running. They should measure half of the supply voltage, so around 6-6.5v each speaker wire. If it's anything different the amp inside the head unit is toast and time to take it back to be fixed under warranty.

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
wen i put the new speakers in it blew straight away when i turned the music on

yeh im thinikng the amp in unit is ****ed lol