Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[WTF-SIX] VSII 6 Speed Manual Supercharged 4.2 Litre

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Sounds good. Can't wait for pics.

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
Things are starting to happen again :w00t: yay lol...

Taking her in tomorrow (saturday) morning to get a new starter fitted ($190) and finally fix the a/c bearing (drive wheel physically able to move side to side along shaft, noisy on idle + drive, noisy a/c when on). So it'll be great to have her starting how she should and not making any more stupid noises from the a/c compressor :yeah:

As some of you know she's been suffering from either a worn centre bearing or rear uni joint (possibly both) giving a bit of vibration when accelerating, esp when warm. Well i've finally sorted out some $$$ etc so she's booked in for a full diff rebuild at Diff Technics in Kogarah on thursday!

Cost for the rebuild $650, centre bearing $130, rear uni $66. I was originally going to get it rebuilt with the standard 3.08 ratio, but at the last minute said "f*** it just do it" and sourced a 3.45:1 gear set for $250! :dance: It's not new but probably wont matter much as i dont drive her everyday, and at the price of a new gear set ($600), it'll have to do!

So come thursday night i'd better be a happy chappy! :wax:

Oh and heres a couple of pics i took tonight after giving her a much needed wash:

Rollin on stockers for the time being, sorting out rubber for my new wheels pretty soon i hope lol
DSCF0227Large.jpg

Engine bay pic (the light wasnt the best)
DSCF0240Large.jpg

Thought i'd post up a pic of my modified CAI. I look at the CAI on my dad's VS (un-modded) and its insane how much more open mine is!
DSCF0249Large.jpg

Enjoy

OZ-18-OI

OZ-18-OI
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Exec 5 Speed & 1996 VS Commo Acclaim
aer you sure thats a factory manual?? the boot around the gear stick isnt normal and the stick is reasonably high?? on the compliance plate what does it say for transmission, mine is factory 5 speed as i have a sticker on the rubber boot says that it is a manual transmission and the time and date that it was put in...have a look at my car and tell me what you think

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
G'day mate yeah its factory, M35 on the plate. Lol my shifter boot is normal, but does look a little high in that pic. Since that pic i've got the shifter handle to sit a fair bit lower. Your ride is an SI that's why my shifter boot is different to yours. The SI VS had the Borg Warner T5 with rubber boot around shifter, and the SII VS got the getrag box with leather boot. My dad has the exact same car as mine but white. 2 VS SII factory manuals under the 1 roof :yeah:

I actually saw that sticker today as i'm working on the console this arvo, says its manual, date says 1/12/96. You have a nice ride yourself, rims suit well!

Cheers

OZ-18-OI

OZ-18-OI
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Exec 5 Speed & 1996 VS Commo Acclaim
cheers mate, yeah ur ride is nice, good to see that there is a lot of nice vs commodores out there, a few too many for my liking thought, but the marjority of them are auto, so i gues having a manual is abit of unique'ness haha, i think its becoz vs's are cheap, you cant kill them, and they just look awesome... cheers mate, rides coming along nicely:)

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey, thanks for the comments OZ-IB-OI, amen to all you said last post! Too true mate.

Another lil update.

Got new starter motor put in on saturday, performs awesomely and sounds much newer! Takes bugger all time to crank over now too, which is a bonus. The air con compressor was getting looked at too, and it turned out it was totally stuffed! Lucky the guy i took it to got his hands on a brand new one for pretty cheap, so he could pass the savings on to me. All up it was $800, that was new starter fitted, new air con compressor fitted and air con re-gas. Pretty awesome price i thought :)

So its thursday night, still got old diff in. After striking a late breaking deal with the local bloke (decided he'd do $660 for the LSD rebuild not $770 like first quoted) i cancelled kogarah and will be getting it done locally tomorrow! :wax:

New diff gears:
DSCF0269Large.jpg

Ratio:
DSCF0268Large.jpg

As you can see the diff gears i got are actually 3.5:1, so yeah something different from the norm! I'll be getting them put in tomorrow along with the rebuild, and a new centre bearing and rear uni if needed.

So come tomorrow night i'll definately be cheerin!

Last edited:

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey, hope everyone is having a good xmas :thumbsup:

The diff gears made an awesome improvement, it accelerates so much better now! I dont know how hard this guy in a VT L67 that i came across was trying, but i kept even with him to 80km/h... and it only does about 300rpm more than stock at 110km/h which is good. I'm still finding out how tight the LSD is, without even trying the inside wheel wants to chatter around 90 degree corners from a standstill :yeah:

All up the driveline rebuild which consisted of:
New rubber coupling at front of tailshaft, new centre bearing, new rear uni joint and rebuilt LSD with 3.50:1 gears, totalled about $1200ish. So that parts all sweet, now just finding out the "crunchy" way that the syncro on my 4th gear is going, not happy seeing as the trans had a "full reco" done mid '05, i guess they forgot the syncros! I'm a bit annoyed, but i'll be getting onto that as soon as i get rubber for my new mags:

726po4.jpg

which will be happening hopefully mid january :w00t:

Cheers

Last edited:

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
loooking realy nice mate, very clean vs, im likeing your engin cover
mines also been sprayed buy mine matchs my rims (gold) looks preaty good well everything undermy bonnets sprayed gold haha ill have to get ya a pic looks good tho especialy the cold air intake!!. howmuch were those new rims? tehre preaty fat, im more of a fan of the shinny chrome haha thats what i plan on getting atleast
peace

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
hehe thanks mate, yeah i'm after a fat look which is what i reckon i'll get with these :D... I bought them from a guy on here (RebelSS) who sold them to me for $795. Then to get the centre machined to fit VS, new NS-II rubber 235/35/19, wheel and locknuts, balance, alignment and probably steering alignment is gonna be $950, so getting the whole lot for $1745, instead of around $2500 as a package from a wheel shop. So i reckon i did pretty nicely. I'll be putting pics up as soon as i get them on my ride!

Also i've got a bit of xmas $$$ so i might go to holden tomorrow and get some chrome front grille inserts to replace the current grey ones. Something i thought i'd finally get around to. As far as i know these chrome inserts are only on a grey background? Does anyone know if they come with a black background instead? I tried the chrome inserts from my dad's vs which is white and the grey background doesnt go well with my green. I guess if they dont come with chrome/black i'll be painting the grey bit black haha.

Another thing i'm looking at atm is a level 3 dash, probably just be waiting til something good on ebay comes up though, and prob check out a few wreckers. Let me know what you guys think is a good price!

Cheers

Swordsy

mmmm beer....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo R8 - HX Tonner - XJR1200 - XR450R
Nice car mate, the one thing that really needs doing is getting rid of that monstercar stance!! keep it up though!