Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[WTF-SIX] VSII 6 Speed Manual Supercharged 4.2 Litre

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
Hey guys, I’ve been a member of JC since I got my first car (this VS is my first car) in July ’06, so I thought it was time I posted my ride up for all to see.

Name: Daniel

Model: 1996 VS Series II Exec w/ factory manual. It came stock with V5W country pack suspension, no airbags, no ABS, sump guard, fuel tank guard, 16” VR clubby replicas, tow bar, and somewhere along the way picked up a high performance LSD.

Colour: Sherbrooke green metallic

Odometer: 189,XXX when I got it (July 2006), about 229,XXX now (21/11/2010)

Bodykit: VS S pack boot lip spoiler

Engine Type: 4.2 litre Supercharged L67

Engine Mods:
4" pod filter in Mace airbox with VN style lid
4" memory wire intake pipe
10.5mm Eagle leads
NGK spark plugs 1 heat range colder than stock and gapped to .9mm
Walbro 255lph intank pump
81* thermostat
Block chemically cleaned, bored and honed
Come Racing Stroker kit:
Nodular Iron Stroker Crank
H beam 4340 steel rods
Diamond Racing Forged pistons
Diamond Racing piston rings
Balanced rotating assembly
Camtech turbo regrind cam
Yella Terra 1.8:1 roller rockers
King engine bearings
New valve springs, retainers and locks
Crane lifters
Manley Generation II severe duty stainless steel valves
3 angle valve grind
Rollmaster double row timing chain
Balance shaft deleted
Ported and polished heads
Cometic 4 layer steel head gaskets
ARP head studs and main studs
Powerbond race spec 5% overdriven harmonic balancer
3" supercharger pulley, pushes about 11psi in the manifold
Boost solenoid deleted
MAFless tuned by Dick's Electronics
6200rpm rev limiter
Running Royal Purple 10w 40

Exhaust: HM headers to custom twin 2.5" collectors, twin stainless cerametallic race cats, short twin 3" section into single 3" lukey muffler before going over the diff, single 3" tip

Gearbox: Mal Wood Tremec T56 6 speed manual with short throw shifter, "012" ratios, 10.5" billet steel flywheel and matching cerametallic clutch, custom 2 piece tailshaft, revised pressure plate clamping force, re-sleeved clutch master cylinder

Diff: Fully rebuilt LSD with 3.5:1 gears

Power: 210RWKW

Brakes: VT twin piston calipers painted with bright red engine enamel/matt black paint with PBR decals, QFM A1RM track pads, with 296mm gold electroplated curved slotted rotors with non contact areas painted black. 1" VT master cylinder, goodridge braided lines. DBA OE spec rear rotors, non contact areas painted black, with red and black painted calipers.

Suspension: King springs super lows in front, ultras in rear (removed upper spring insulators, bump stops halved in height) with KYB short shocks all round, adjustable panhard rod, nolathane adjustable strut brace, whiteline 22mm adjustable rear swaybar, nolathane S type heavy duty swaybar link pins, nolathane "fully floating" camber and caster adjustable strut mounts with nolathane strut bearings

Wheels/Tyres: 19" VE SS-V's with Hankook Ventus Sport K104's

Interior: Saas steering wheel, genuine monaro pedals, monza sports seats in front, custom centre console lid, green neon above a/c, "true green" LED illumination in footwells, under front seats and in boot, green LED security light, green LED key light, switchable on/off interior light (so can be off with doors open), redone rooflining, level 3 cluster upgrade with Phreddied "true green" LED's in lcd windows, custom boost gauge install in drivers door, stato leather rear seat, boot lid carpet, power window conversion with Phreddied "true green" illuminated switches, "true green" illuminated trip computer, A/C and demister buttons, red LED hazard switch, custom "fog lights on" indicator in instrument cluster, aircon controls redone in stock colurs but with LED's also done by Phreddy, VZ HBD 6 speed satin chrome shift knob and matching leather boot with satin chrome stitching, matching handbrake boot, satin chrome steering wheel inserts, MadDad electronic boost gauge series II VS calais leather and velour door trims with satin chrome inserts and genuine chrome door handles

Sound System: Work in progress, Pioneer DEH-P4850MP head unit with custom ipod dock, pioneer 350w 6x9’s in vinyl pods in rear, Scosche EFX-HDX67 6” 300w splits in the front, with Cadence twin 12” subs in complete slot ported box to also go in. Will be running 2 amps, one for front and rear speakers, another for the subs.

Other Mods: Clear indicators, twin tone air horns, engine start button with green LED illumination, sump guard removed, towbar removed, debadged apart from lions front and back, custom full chrome berlina grilles, calais tail lights, s-pac boot lip spoiler, boot lock delete, painted boot garnish, remote boot release, crystal headlights and indicators (indicators have pearl globes in them so you cant see the orange), LED parker and number plate light globes, 80L tank installed, mudflaps gone, undercarriage sprayed in matt black, fuel/breather lines under car sprayed silver, fuel tank sprayed silver with gloss black straps, polished and heatproof painted metal lines in engine bay, engine block painted gloss black, rest of motor in silver, engine pulleys sprayed gloss black, ZZP polished rocker covers, billet aluminium clutch fluid reservoir, aluminium catch can

Future Mods: Finish door trims, new window tint, new front windscreen, respray, finish stereo, twin turbo conversion

Here's how she looked when i picked her up back in July 2006, complete with sheepskin seatcovers:

Image007.jpg

And here's how she looks lately:

100_0864.jpg

Cheers and enjoy :thumbsup:

Last edited:

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
looks good mate, good list of mods done to it also, cant wait to ya post more pics lol

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
i took that second photo, and im proud of it :D

Hows the start button go? You fit it yourself, or buy it with it?

you will find he made a how to in the how to section. engine bay pics dan!

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey thanks for the comments guys, I'm working on getting up a few more pics hehe. LM8185, thanks mate, i fitted the start button myself, i wrote up a how-to so now anyone interested can have a look and do it if they choose!

Thanks heaps mischa, i didn't forget who took it, just to make a mention! :wax: lol yeah mischa has taken heaps of great photos on our cruises :thumbsup:

Anyway, here's an interior pic from before i got new front seats and put the start button in, but i like it anyway:

Image023.jpg

And here's another one i like, taken my beautiful gf Mandy:

DSCF0429.jpg

And this is the closest i have to an engine bay pic atm, it seems like every time it's worthy of a proper photo i'm too rushed to take one!

Picture061.jpg

Although i do have a photo of the engine cover after i painted it! I used VHT (i think) plate finish chrome. I used a plastic primer first up and let it sit for 10 mins to get tacky, then did 3 or 4 coats of the plate finish. I stuffed it up the first time (accidentally touched it while it was still drying) so re-did it. This is how it came up:

1.jpg

Hopfully that keeps ya going for a little while! :thumbsup:

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I have to say that one of the neatest Vs around. I fell in love with your wheels. What are those rims??? And are they 18"??

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Nice VS mate. I love those wheels, they really suit your car.

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks guys... on the subject of wheels, theyre up for sale!

Theyre the ones seen on the VZ SSZ sedan, ute, thunder ute, and monaro CV8Z. They're 18"s, immaculate condition, no scratches marks or anything... around 85% tread all round, nankang NS-II's. Really well looked after, had them for about 4 months. Selling cause i'm "upgrading" :whistling lol. I think i paid $1700, but looking for about $1200. Anyone interested?

Cheers guys

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
hey guys bit of an update, wheels are sold lol (to my gf haha) which is fair enough i guess hehe.

Anyways i'll be getting the LSD rebuilt really soon, just wanted to know whether i should go for 3.45's or stick with the stock 3.08 ratio. I do a fair bit of cruising but isnt my daily. What do you guys think?

Cheers for all opinions :thumbsup:

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
little update...

I'll be getting a new starter motor fitted soon + getting a/c compressor bearings fixed... also she's rollin on stockers atm hehe. Trying to work out if the 19's i've got sitting in the back room will actually fit my car haha. If i work out for sure that they will fit i'll be getting the lip machined (big hint) and then slap some rubber on them :yeah:.

Pics soon