Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wtf??

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
Why do we have this forum as VN-VS now? Its a pretty big range isn't it?

ViperVp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
you damn vr-vs.. get out of my forum.. this is going to be hard too navigate basic becuse most of us have vn-vs and we are all poured together in a mass of confusion. change it back

Chuff

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
I agree too.

VN & VP models can to some degree be similar (eg. ECU) but VR & VS definately don't belong here. :ranting:

Bad move! :bop:

CATCH! ;)

N

nofords

This is a joke, just cause not many people were active in the vr-vs forum doesnt mean there not in the vn-vp section. We like our vn-vp community.

jazza21

Executive (Ex-Police)
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VS II Exec 1997
This SUX!

I don't like it! Give us our seperate rooms! :ranting:

I thought we'd been deleted til I looked closer and saw it had been 'amalgamated' with VN-VP too.

If it were a case of needing to make room for a new model (the VZ) then why don't they join the VL in with the VB-VK forum since essentially it's the same (bar the headlights, motor & tail)? And then how about the VT through VY being joined too?

Seriously, did we have to lose a forum just to add in a new one for the VZ? It's not like there'll be a huge amount of guys on here with VZ's since they're so new, compared to the volumes with a VR-VS or VN-VP.

I want our VR-VS Forum back!!

PS. I feel like I'm a little kid screaming because Mum and Dad have forced me to move into the same bedroom as my older sisters... :mad:

Chuff

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
Dear Mr. Webmaster.
Boy, are you copping a lot of **** over this one. :rofl:

And you probably thought you were going to have a nice day.

CATCH! ;)

Nikkojoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
AE86, VE M6 UTE, Toyota 86
Im not sure if you can go back. Once you combine seperate sections of a forum, off memory, it is hard to seperate them. I think you would have to re-create the vn-vp section from scratch, then go through all the different threads, seeing which ones are vn-vp related and moving them to the vn-vp forum....

Atleast thats how I remember it, I could be wrong, it could be different now.....

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
Nikkojoe said:
Im not sure if you can go back. Once you combine seperate sections of a forum, off memory, it is hard to seperate them. I think you would have to re-create the vn-vp section from scratch, then go through all the different threads, seeing which ones are vn-vp related and moving them to the vn-vp forum....

Atleast thats how I remember it, I could be wrong, it could be different now.....
Depends, you could just create two seperate forums for a recent backup, and fill in the rest of the forum manually. It all depends on how the php structures its posts.

Anyway, this is really confusing. The Vr-VS thread was active too!!

Nikkojoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
AE86, VE M6 UTE, Toyota 86
I guess, I use phpBB so its different for me.

mixin

Ol' fart, young heart!
Reaction score
well if if VZ and VL have their own forums, so too should VS....

A VZ is merely a cosmetic job on a VY with a new V6 (and an optional new gearbox).

VL was the same, a cosmetic job on a VB-VK and new drivetrains....

And well whattayaknow, a VS is just a (minor) cosmetic job on a VR with...... a new motor.....

See the reasoning?

If VR & VS are in with VN/VP, then it should all be amalgamated into families of VB-VL, VN-VS, and VT-VZ.