Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

X force exhaust for SV6 SIDI Sportswagon

Skidmark105

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SV6 Z Sportswagon
Greetings from over the ditch,
Just purchsed a 2013 SV6 Z series SIDI Sportswagon. Been driving it for a few weeks now & the lack of engine noise is starting to drive me nuts. Why have a v6 & not be able to hear it! It is my company wagon so I don't want anything to noisey or wild so were thinking of an X force cat back. They are available here off the shelf - if not a little pricey. $1k for mild steel or $1.3K for stainless steel. A reptuable commodore tuner suggested just fitting a take off HSV exhaust system as they give a slightly better tone with a cost of around $700.
So what to do? I read through half of the"happy exhaust thread" then gave up as the information is soo conflicting. Is the X force worth the money, is the sound a big improvement on factory, should I be looking at another option?

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I'd say particularly on a wagon don't go any bigger than 2 and a quarter. But xforce tends to drone. I have xforce 2. 5 on my auto ssv sedan at moment but it drones bad at around 1600-2000 rpm. But it's fine on the highway. Might be ok with the smaller system and on a v6 but I'f you're gonna buy it buy off eBay that seems to expensive. I paid 860 for a band new stainless xforce system but that's mates rates. But the xforce is going once I get my tax and I'm getting a manta system off Not An Abba Fan. Talk to him I'd recommend manta. Good value system and made right here in Australia. Xforce is made in China and that speaks for it self really. I only have it on as a temporary fix as I was so sick of stock sounding v8 lol.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Greetings from over the ditch,
Just purchsed a 2013 SV6 Z series SIDI Sportswagon. Been driving it for a few weeks now & the lack of engine noise is starting to drive me nuts. Why have a v6 & not be able to hear it! It is my company wagon so I don't want anything to noisey or wild so were thinking of an X force cat back. They are available here off the shelf - if not a little pricey. $1k for mild steel or $1.3K for stainless steel. A reptuable commodore tuner suggested just fitting a take off HSV exhaust system as they give a slightly better tone with a cost of around $700.
So what to do? I read through half of the"happy exhaust thread" then gave up as the information is soo conflicting. Is the X force worth the money, is the sound a big improvement on factory, should I be looking at another option?

X-Force are a mid level brand. Over the last couple years many people have had fitment issues, probably because they're made in china and don't have the strictest QC.

Because this is a work car, and you've said yourself you want to keep it quiet, I'd suggest keeping it as is. Last thing you'd want is a droning (being a wagon doesn't help) exhaust on long trips. Or if you have to take a client somewhere.

I'd say particularly on a wagon don't go any bigger than 2 and a quarter. But xforce tends to drone. I have xforce 2. 5 on my auto ssv sedan at moment but it drones bad at around 1600-2000 rpm. But it's fine on the highway. Might be ok with the smaller system and on a v6 but I'f you're gonna buy it buy off eBay that seems to expensive. I paid 860 for a band new stainless xforce system but that's mates rates. But the xforce is going once I get my tax and I'm getting a manta system off Not An Abba Fan. Talk to him I'd recommend manta. Good value system and made right here in Australia. Xforce is made in China and that speaks for it self really. I only have it on as a temporary fix as I was so sick of stock sounding v8 lol.

The stock system's on the Sv6 and SS are both a 2.25 twin standard. The different pricing would be shipping and tax's because he's in NZ :)

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Yes I know but I wouldn't go 2.5 on a v6 with xforce. Oh and I missed the part a out NZ lol.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Skidmark105

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SV6 Z Sportswagon
Unfortunately here in NZ X force seem to be the only off the shelf system for an SV6 wagon. Short of getting an exhaust shop to make up a system or get a de fillipo custom ordered in I don't think I have any other choices.

Is there a preferance in sound quality between say a mild steel system & a stainless steel one?

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
"X-Force are a mid level brand."

This statement is incorrect. X-Force are considered to be the bottom end of quality when it comes to exhaust systems.