Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

X-force exhausts help VF Sv6??

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Sv6 ute
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can give me some options on what to do with my X-force exhaust. Im looking for a bit more crackle in it and was looking into getting the hotdog rear mufflers would this introduce more crackle if not what would the hotdogs change. Also how much would it cost to get the hotdog rear mufflers that would fit the X-force 2.25".

Cheers in advance.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can give me some options on what to do with my X-force exhaust. Im looking for a bit more crackle in it and was looking into getting the hotdog rear mufflers would this introduce more crackle if not what would the hotdogs change. Also how much would it cost to get the hotdog rear mufflers that would fit the X-force 2.25".

Cheers in advance.
I have a set of marriage savers I don't need. PM me if interested. It will be a lot louder and will crackle and pop on deceleration and hard acceleration up shifts.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I had one, it hurt my soul so I deleted it. The V6 doesn't really "crackle" it drones and it's raspy when you try and make them louder.

The guy in my sig quote wanted the loud 2 1/2" Manta on his VE SV6 but it sounded pretty ordinary, from memory I think I sent him an X pipe (the proper MagnaFlow one) and he had that put in and it reduced the rasp and drone but was still reasonably loud. He wasn't entirely happy with it, the better system is the quiet one with the extra muffler. No drone, no rasp but not that loud. That's just the nature of a V6, you will never get a great loud note out of them. If you accept the way they are, then you wouldn't be unhappy with the result.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Sv6 ute
I had one, it hurt my soul so I deleted it. The V6 doesn't really "crackle" it drones and it's raspy when you try and make them louder.

The guy in my sig quote wanted the loud 2 1/2" Manta on his VE SV6 but it sounded pretty ordinary, from memory I think I sent him an X pipe (the proper MagnaFlow one) and he had that put in and it reduced the rasp and drone but was still reasonably loud. He wasn't entirely happy with it, the better system is the quiet one with the extra muffler. No drone, no rasp but not that loud. That's just the nature of a V6, you will never get a great loud note out of them. If you accept the way they are, then you wouldn't be unhappy with the result.
Yeah ive already accepted the fact that they are going to have drone like ya said its the nature but i just wanna see for myself what it sounds like if i dont like it i can always put the standard mufflers back on. So your saying if i could deal with the drone and raspyness i would like the hotdogs??

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The hotdogs on the rear will definitely be raspy and drony, but I would say yes, you probably would like it.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
This is what im looking at. https://www.veonline.com.au/holden-commodore-ve-late-ute-ss-sv6-2-1-2-tailpipe

Would they fit onto a VF SV6 with my x-force 2.25" exhaust??

Or they have another one that says its for the VF it just doesnt have the J Pipes. https://www.veonline.com.au/holden-commodore-ve-ss-sv6-early-ute-2-1-2-tailpip~235
Does your exhaust bolt up to the standard rear mufflers? If so, they'll both fit. If not, neither will. Just pipes will help reduce drone. Or you could try some Maloo bi-modals.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Sv6 ute
Does your exhaust bolt up to the standard rear mufflers? If so, they'll both fit. If not, neither will. Just pipes will help reduce drone. Or you could try some Maloo bi-modals.

I've got the X-force 2.25" catback would that work?