Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

X Force for a L98 caprice

smidey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS WM 6L
Hey team. I've just purchased a mechanically standard WM caprice 6L. Previous owner has had the rear mufflers removed and replaced with straight pipes. I like the sound of it but there is a hideous drone around 1800rpm. All other rev ranges are good so i'd like to have it louder than standard but reduce the drone. I have found a cat back system online for a majorly discounted price, it's a 3" cat back X Force system for a statesman. Can anyone give me some advice to what this may sound like?
I don't mind loud, my other car is a VN SS with pacemakers into a single 3" with a muffler before and after the diff.
Thanks in advance.

KHOLDEN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SSV Redline ute
I have done exactly that with my ute - sedan may be different, Got it with the rear muffler delete pipes, much quieter with the X-Force, headers going on tomorrow to hopefully get some more volume

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Go the stainless x force if you can, not so much for sound more for longevity due to stainless last’s a lot longer have a stainless 3 inch xforce system on my VE SSV with hsv headers and the sound is good although could be louder in my opinion