Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Xair OTR

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Does anyone know much about the Xair OTR?? Trying to find out if they're any good or if anyone is running one?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

khunia

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 SSV M6 & 1996 VS SS
Hey mate,

My wife has one fitted on her 08 SSV manual along with a Rage 2 1/5 inch cat back exhaust. Although it hasn't had a tune as yet I am very impressed with the power deliver from the XAir OTR and expect a few more KWs when the tune is completed. My 08 SSV has the Walkinshaw Power Pack and a E3 GTS cam fitted but her car still feels as though the power delivery is more smoother and quicker than my car. Makes me jealous!! In fact I am now seriously considering fitting one to my car soon along with a set of pacemaker headers just so I can be sure that my car is better. :0

Not sure if you have seen the XAir website but some of the cars in the NZV8's racing series have them fitted in their race cars.

Here is their NZ link for those interested

XAIR Performance :: X-Air Wakeboarding

Also a company in Wellington called Speedtech Motorsport ran a very good comparison between stock/upgrade air filter/various CAI's utilising the XAir and the VCM OTRs. They recommend the VCM but the results are so close that it just comes down to personal choice and look IMO.

The link for the product comparison test is here; (scroll to bottom of page)

X-Air Over the Radiator Cold Air Intake for Holden Commodore VE

Hope that helps some

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hey mate,

My wife has one fitted on her 08 SSV manual along with a Rage 2 1/5 inch cat back exhaust. Although it hasn't had a tune as yet I am very impressed with the power deliver from the XAir OTR and expect a few more KWs when the tune is completed. My 08 SSV has the Walkinshaw Power Pack and a E3 GTS cam fitted but her car still feels as though the power delivery is more smoother and quicker than my car. Makes me jealous!! In fact I am now seriously considering fitting one to my car soon along with a set of pacemaker headers just so I can be sure that my car is better. :0

Not sure if you have seen the XAir website but some of the cars in the NZV8's racing series have them fitted in their race cars.

Here is their NZ link for those interested

XAIR Performance :: X-Air Wakeboarding

Also a company in Wellington called Speedtech Motorsport ran a very good comparison between stock/upgrade air filter/various CAI's utilising the XAir and the VCM OTRs. They recommend the VCM but the results are so close that it just comes down to personal choice and look IMO.

The link for the product comparison test is here; (scroll to bottom of page)

X-Air Over the Radiator Cold Air Intake for Holden Commodore VE

Hope that helps some

Cheers mate very insightful :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 Pontiac G8 Manual '10 VE SV6 Manual
They also make a V6 version but quite expensive at NZD800.

Debating if it's worth to get it :|

I've got one in my Series II VE SV6 and they're quite good, I've noticed a huge difference but I did get a tune at the same time.

Last edited:

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
My brother put one on his SSV and it made a good difference, when combined with a 3 inch catless exhaust straight thru to the twin mufflers and a tune the car was dyno'd at 360RWHP or about 360kw at the engine.

The car is impressive and runs in the mid 12 sec 1/4.

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 Pontiac G8 Manual '10 VE SV6 Manual
Here's a picture of it installed in my SV6

FiaYjcs.jpg

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
You can take your K&N stocker off now....