Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Xbox 360, freezing and slowwww, im gonna explode

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
fellow jc's

had my xbox since christmas,
go to play a quick sesh of halo before i went to bed tonight and my xbox really isnt in good shape at all.....

i turned it on,
it was really slow,
screen went black,
turned it off,
and now whenever i turn it on, it freezes after being incredibly slow

the fan has also become dramatically louder and it sounds a little cluncy,

yep my xbox is on its way out, expecting red rings soon.

so annoyed, and really dont feel like waiting 4 weeks or wateva for repairs. its f*&%en holidays, prime time to use the damn thing

mm havin a bit of a RANT but what do you expect, damn microsoft

james

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
You've only had it 4 months, send it in under warranty.

You can book it in online and the turn around time is quite good. They'll probably send you a couple of months of Xbox Live Gold for free too.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
As above.

Chances are its just a dud console. So they'll probably replace it with a brand new one.

They'll tell you this, but make sure you don't send your HD in with it.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
360's are known for the cpu to come loose. The clips that hold the cpu in are weak.

If its still under warranty take it back.

OLD problem. Hence why i said its a dud console. For the last year they've had new components in them.

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
The turnaround isnt that bad, as stelthy said, dont send your hard drive in with it, and they will send it back with a month of xbox live gold too

Other than the stupid indian chick ****ing up my email and address when i did mine, i cant fault microsoft on their warranty work

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Where did you buy it from? You might have a good chance at actually returning it to the store if it is that new.

If you cant do that send it to microsoft, use the online request system, its much faster, you dont speak to an indian and the usual turnaround time is less than 2 weeks.

This is the website: https://service.xbox.com/servicehome.aspx?mkt=en-au

Here is some additional info that one of the community reps has said that will help you:

To avoid delays especially in shipping it back once repaired, here are some guidelines on how to register your console correctly.

- Really, REALLY important: Go to this site to verify if your post code matches your suburb.
- Make sure you DO NOT enter your suburb in the address line 2. Enter it in the Suburb field instead.
- Guys please don’t use P.O. Boxes as we can't send your console to a P.O. Box.

Note also, that you can check the status of your repair on our online repair site as well.

It sounds like you just had a bit of bad luck and picked up a dud, I would defnallty try the store you got it from, if its under a certain time period EB Games will take it back and just swap it over so will Dick Smith, not to sure on another places.

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
ok thanks guys, i know the owner of the store i bought it from very well (family friends), he might be able to sort something out, if not ill send it in