Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Xbox 360 In Vz

timcn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Has anyone installed a xbox 360 into a vz commodore yet?, if so how hard is it and what do i need, eg, power converter, leads etc?

Avi8or

Luxo-barging
Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice 6L
We'll I dont own a 360, or a VZ, but I can still try to help you out :p

Xbox 360 (clearly :whistling )
All the cables for the 360
Power converter (Either one that plugs into you cigarette lighter, or one you can hardwire into the car, You can get these from jaycar, dicksmiths, supercheap etc., check the first linky, right down the bottom of the page is a whole bunch of info about what one you need)
TFT/LCD screen, mounted where-ever (Back of the headrest, sun visors, above your headunit etc.)

Then depending on your car, if you have:
-a stock H.U then your going to need to set it up to take RCA inputs
-an aftermarket H.U then hopefully it takes inputs
-an amp which you can plug the audio directly into and run it from that

I'm a total n00b when it comes to audio so somebody else will have to help me there :p

Umm, and heres some linky's to have a look at :dance:
http://www.mechatroniks.com/wrx/xbox360.html
http://www.gamingblog.org/images/r_xbox360car.jpg

Just remember, the 360's love to overheat :rofl: so your going to need plenty of cooling for it!

matty88

LPG Installer :p
Reaction score
Members Ride
TEXXXY: Resprayed TX3 Non Turbo
Keep in mind too that it used optical disks, so it may freeze/skip while the car is in motion.:w00t:

timcn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
ok then, good stuff, i already have a dvd player and flip out monitor, which has the av in.... i know they over heat a fair bit, so i just was wondering if any one has installed one and had trouble with it in the glove box or anywhere??....
thanks for your help

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
x360 has issues with the 360 being tilted while in motion scratching discs til there unusable

heat dissapation issues

If you know someone, if u were in melb, I'd strip it down for u, and replace all the coolers/fans & shave the sinks in her. drop it's temp quite substantially...

Cheers
MaT

RoboticCherry-Coke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S1
The 360 is likely to scratch disks if moved from vertical to horizontal while on. I doubt the movement from being in a car would scratch a disk.

I have a 360 and i have never had any heating issues but you will need to give it lots of ventilation as lots of heat is emitted.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
joytech do a clip on fan that sits in the back of the 360 to help the cooling side of things

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
If its going into a glove box id install two fans, probably two computer fans, one blowing air in, teh other blowing it out, 'push-pull style'