Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

xenon headlights in vs

shanghaivzcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais
i think i stuffed up my last one i'll try again...im wondering if its legal to have xenon headlights in a vs,not the cheap crap,the prestige lookin blue tinge,where bouts is the best place to get em under 100 bucks...thnks

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Not a chance mate. For starters, they don't make them in a straight bolt up fir for VS Commodores, you would have to have them made, and you have a snowballs chance in hell of getting them for under 100 bucks dude. They are bloody expensive. Try in the region of AT LEAST $600 a headlight to have them made. Plus the globes in them are expensive too.

Good luck trying to find someone to make them for a Commodore though. Best you could get for under $100 is some Phillips Crystal vision globes for your standard headlights for the white light. Even then, you won't get a heap of change from $100, even those are expensive.

shanghaivzcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais
hmm thats almost as much as the cars worth,i got a vz calais i put the hid headlights bulbs in them for 95 bucks a while ago crystal vision or sumthing like that,why would it be different for a vs...

shanghaivzcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais
**** sorry i missed the last part of ya msg sorry ignore my last msg

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
All good haha. But yeah, you might be able to find someone to make some headlights up with the "angel eye" lights, but for the look, it's not really worth it unless you are rich.

mavro

mavro
Reaction score
Website
www.mavromatis.nl
Members Ride
VX 5.7ss
try E-Bay
i got mine for $49 and they work fine but don't go higher than 6000K otherwise they get to blue or even purple.

and for $49 if they last 12 to 18 months that is great and then just buy new once, in my last cat they were in for 27 months and they car allways on day or night.

so i would say GO FOR IT.....

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
^^^^You mean the whole headlight assembly with the round LED neon globes that BMW's, Merc's and alot of European cars have? Or just white or blue light globes? They make different headlight stuff for VT onwards and sell it on Egay, he is referring to a VS, there isn't much in the way of different headlights etc for VS's on Egay. There are a few different styles of head and tail lights for VT's and VX's.

shanghaivzcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais
thanks guys,just got ones from super cheap 4 $35 bucks just the globes the xenon ones they look good....thanks again 4 ya input