Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

xenon lights in VZ calais

SnyFrnt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
can i just buy the kit and get it fitted in my car or do i have to change anything else when i get this done? can it be illegal?? thanks guys

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
no, Calais have projector lights but they run a halogen globe - I don't think any Holden pre VE has Xenon/HID even the stato's/caprices.

To answer your question

yes, there's heaps of aftermarket kits on ebay you just need to buy the one that replaces the same globe that's in the headlight, which I cant remember what it is ATM. The owners book tells you.

yes, it will be illegal. Any car in Australia MUST by law have high pressure washer and be self levelling. Washer is to stop the light scattering incorrectly from the lens due to road grime build up, and the self levelling is so that the lights don't dazzle oncoming drivers by being shone too high - for instance when you have people in the back or a trailer connected, and the back of the cars down and the fronts up.

That said, because the light assembly is projector and designed for Xenon you'd have to find a prick of a cop or inspector to pick up on it, as it looks like their supposed to be Xenon. As long as the colour is reasonable (ie not too blue) you probably wont be picked up on it at all, I know a few people running round with them that haven't been done.